New York, New York
6 month growth↓ -16%
1 year growth↓ -14%
2 year growth↓ -12%
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in media buying
- Background in client value delivery
- Negotiation skills
- Leadership skills
- Leading a team of value specialists
- Driving value extraction globally
- Implementing a consistent global value framework
- Working with senior Amazon stakeholders
- Overseeing cost tracking and reporting
- Leading value contractual and commercial discussions
- Building and retaining a diverse and agile team
- Experience in negotiating in difficult circumstances
- Ability to build strong relationships quickly and credibly
- Experience in client value delivery across a major global brand
WHO WE ARE
With $43billion in media billings worldwide, MAGNA is the multi-platform strategic media investment unit of Mediabrands, the entity created by holding company IPG – a global provider of advertising and marketing solutions - to manage all of its global media-related assets. MAGNA is responsible for forecasts, insights, negotiation strategy, and value creation across all media platforms. The Global Value team’s primary focus is on delivering value for our key Global clients. Rufus is Mediabrands dedicated team for Amazon.
We are dynamic, empowered and entrepreneurial.
We pride ourselves in being an equal opportunities employer and diversity and inclusion is at the heart of what we believe in. IPG Mediabrands are committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce and welcome applications regardless of gender identity, race, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion or belief.
The Managing Director role is an exciting senior client leadership role, and part of the Global Value and Rufus leadership teams. Within this role you will lead all Global Value delivery for Amazon, providing senior leadership both within Rufus and for Amazon directly. As MD the key function of your role is to ensure maximum Value extraction for Amazon under the current model, whilst helping shape the future Value model for Amazon. As part of the Rufus Global leadership team, you will fully integrate into the Amazon culture, acting as an extension of the Amazon team. You will also play a critical role in expanding our Amazon partnership with respect to Client value, leading the Value discussions with Amazon procurement, creating a stronger USP for Rufus.
The remit is across all Amazon lines of business, across multiple geographies including Europe, LATAM, Asia and North America.
As Managing Director you will develop and maintain close relationships with the following stakeholders;
- Global Managing Director, Growth & Operations & Global Chief Value Officer (CVO)
- Rufus Global Client Leadership
- Rufus Global Procurement team
- Rufus Global Investment Leads
- Amazon Global Media Leaders
- Auditor leadership team
- Country Trading leads and Heads of Media
- Rufus Regional & Global hub teams
Client Value Leadership
Leading a team of value specialists, as MD you will act as a trusted advisor to Amazon and Rufus leadership by:
- Driving Value extraction Globally, across all elements of Amazon’s media activity
- Implementing a consistent global value framework that delivers results.
- Demonstrating proactivity and expertise in the stewardship of daily value operations.
- Work with Senior Amazon stakeholders, acting in a consultant capacity to advise all Value related topics (including but not limited to Inflation, budgets, audits, value methodology etc).
- Working closely with local countries Investment leads to steward value, proactively addressing challenges across countries.
- Ensuring a consistent, systems based, process is applied across all countries and LOBs. Identifying system development requirements and briefing to relevant team.
- Leading content creation for, and participating in, Quarterly Value Reviews (QVRs).
- Own relationships with third-party consultants and auditors, building deeper connection across all Media and financial audits.
- Work closely with Amazon Global Procurement to report and expand the Rufus Value product to include Performance based metrics.
- Oversee cost tracking and reporting across a range of markets including, briefing of data requests to local teams, checking data for accuracy, analysing results and working with the local teams to capture all value.
- Contribute, as part of the Global Value team leadership team, in developing additional Value measurement to enhance the broader Value product.
- Lead Value contractual and commercial discussions in tandem with commercial and legal teams.
- Drive Value innovation through the evolution of the Rufus Value product.
Building and retaining a diverse and agile team by:
- Leading a team of value and investment specialists to enable them to deliver against client goals.
- Prioritizing growth within the team by defining roles, goals and driving education agendas.
- Managing performance by embracing Amazon’s regular feedback culture.
- You have strong communication skills including the ability to write a clear, data-driven narrative with good attention to detail.
- You have strong analytical skills and can “dive deep” but also extract macro level trends.
- You have strong media buying experience, with a deep understanding of emerging Value measurement approaches.
- You have a background in client Value delivery, ideally across a major Global brand.
- You have strong negotiation skills including proven experience negotiating in difficult circumstances.
- You can build strong relationships quickly and credibly with clients and colleagues at all levels.
- You have strong leadership skills to inspire and motivate across all levels of the team.
We aim to provide all our people with a supportive and fun work environment where you can develop your full potential and benefit from the broad range of opportunities within the agency. When you join us, we want to make sure you feel valued – and that you are rewarded for your fantastic work. So, we also offer a range of benefits:
Flexi–leave, with 25 days annual leave to be taken as minimum. In addition to your holiday entitlement, the office usually closes between Christmas & New Year
- Free breakfast and free lunch
- Early finish Fridays
- Core Hours (Mon-Thurs, flexible start/finish times)
- Retail discounts
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice car scheme
- Wellbeing programme, including Headspace & flu jabs
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Paid time off for Volunteering
- Group Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance or Health Cash Plan (dependent on level)
- Group Personal Pension Plan with matched contributions from 3-6%
- Generous Parental Leave & Pay
- Independent mortgage advice
- Financial education
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free eye tests
- Flexible benefits including Dental, Travel insurance, Cycle to Work, Gym Discounts and many more!
At Mediabrands and Kinesso, we celebrate difference and believe this makes us stronger. Mediabrands and Kinesso are equal opportunity employers and committed to championing an inclusive culture that provides a sense of belonging for all our employees. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, disability, race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, belief, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please reach out to our Talent Inclusion Specialist Jess at [email protected] if you would like to have a confidential conversation regarding any adjustments that would ensure our recruitment process is accessible for you. Please note requesting a reasonable adjustment will not affect your application.