Posted on 3/15/2023
Seattle, WA, USA
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience in a high-stakes production environment
- Empathy, strong communication skills and a deep respect for the power of collaboration
- A learning mindset, regardless of level or experience
- The ability to drive clear next steps when encountering ambiguous spaces without clear lines of ownership
- High standards for code quality and a constructive attitude to help others raise the bar
- An ability to think creatively and holistically about reducing risk in a complex environment
- Design, build, and maintain services that power Stripe's merchant dashboard experience including Onboarding and Account Health surfaces
- Partner with Product Managers, UX Designers, Data Scientists, and others, to root-cause systemic issues and propose new solutions to address them
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes, and technologies to own and solve problems end-to-end
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes you will encounter
- Launch new features safely to a global audience of millions of businesses with the use of observability tools like logs, metrics, alarms, etc
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Compliance and risk experience is a plus but not a requirement
- Full-stack experience with a modern React-based (or equivalent) framework is a plus but not a requirement
Payment processing platform
Stripe's mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. Stripe is a technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the internet.
- Inclusive coverage - We provide a thoughtful and balanced set of benefits that allow Stripes to be their best selves and do great work. Whether that means offering comprehensive mental, physical, and medical health plans, supporting Stripes’ financial futures, providing fertility benefits and parental leave, or making sure Stripes have access to healthy food at the office, our robust programs put Stripes and their families first.
- Growth by way of learning - We are voracious learners and teachers. Our Education team delivers an onboarding and product training curriculum for all new Stripes, and hosts expert-led courses on things like project management fundamentals and macroeconomics. Beyond the formal program, Stripes are constantly sharing knowledge with each other through conversation, documentation, reading groups, and informal talks.
- A principled approach to food - The food program holds a special place in Stripe’s history and future. These Stripes come to our kitchen from a breadth of backgrounds and experiences, and focus on one proposition—respect. This is apparent not only in the local ingredients they work with or in the gracious, teamwork-driven buffet lines, but also in their approach to growing a global team through sustainable food practices and minimal waste.
Company Core Values
- An environment of growth
- Intentional communication
- Fast-paced, detail oriented
- Voraciously curious