At Branch, we’re transforming how brands and users interact across digital platforms. Our mobile marketing and deep linking solutions are trusted to deliver seamless experiences that increase ROI, decrease wasted spend, and eliminate siloed attribution. Our team consists of smart, humble, and collaborative people who value ownership over all we do to create a product, team, and company that lives and breathes our motto: Build Together, Grow Together, Win Together.
You will be a member of the Branch Security Team, reporting to the Head of Security and working within engineering teams, a champion of secure application and service design and implementation that powers mobile experiences for a majority of top companies around the world. Today, we are powering over 10+ billion API transactions a day and growing rapidly. You will be a trusted subject matter expert, advisor, and mentor for software developers, engineers, architects, and project managers and will impact how we build security into our platform. You will have the opportunity to work on a number of different security projects spanning multiple teams, services, and disciplines. This role is supported directly by the Head of Security and is directly tied to the growth and success of our Security Team and Security Program.
As a Staff Security Engineer, you’ll get to:
- Represent Engineering IC leadership on top-level security initiatives and projects.
- Operate across all Engineering teams as a security subject matter expert and mentor.
- Provide guidance and pragmatic solutions for security design, implementation, and operation of Branch platforms and services.
- Develop and deliver security controls and methods for vulnerability detection, response, and remediation.
- Develop and deliver security training programs and materials that strengthens our ability to build security into the fabric of Branch platforms and services.
- Analyze, assess, and respond to threats and vulnerabilities and interact directly with our security bounty program.
- Above all else: Be a leading contributor to the continuous improvement of our Information Security Team and Information Security Program.
You’ll be a good fit if you have:
- Strong communication skills and a collaborative work style.
- Confidence working with empowering and supportive leadership that values autonomy and individual decision making.
- Experience working with modern cloud based microservice architectures or cloud security (e.g. AWS).
- Experience with vulnerability assessment, penetration testing, source code review, and especially effective vulnerability remediation.
- Ability to read and understand design specifications and source code to determine the presence and nature of threats and vulnerabilities.
- Ability to rapidly prototype tools and methods to improve security testing, validation, remediation, and reporting.
- Experience or familiarity with key areas of our technology stack:
- Cloud: AWS
- CI/CD, Orchestration, Build, Automation: Kubernetes, Github-actions, Gradle
- At least 7+ years of relevant work experience.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents a reasonable estimated compensation range for this role: the estimated pay range for this role, if based in Palo Alto, California, is $206,300 - $263,000
Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Palo Alto, CA only. Compensation for candidates outside of Palo Alto, CA, will be based on the candidate’s specific work location.
Actual compensation will be determined based on skills, experience, and geographic location and may be more or less than the amount shown above.
A little bit about us:
- Branch has raised more than $667M from investors such as NEA, Founders Fund, and Playground Ventures.
- We are headquartered in Palo Alto, CA with offices around the globe.
- Diversity at Branch ranks in the top 10% for similarly sized companies (by Comparably).
- In 2022, we were recognized as one of Forbes Best Startups and certified by Great Places to Work.
- We have more than 3 billion monthly users and are partnered with over 100,000 apps.
If you think you’d be a good fit for this role, we’d love for you to apply! At Branch, we strive to create an inclusive culture that encourages people from all walks of life to bring their unique, diverse perspectives to work. We aim every day to build an environment that empowers us all to do the best work of our careers, and we can’t wait to show you what we have to offer!
Please note that Branch’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be working from one of our offices or will be attending company events to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to qualifying accommodation requests.
Candidate Privacy Information: