6 month growth↑ 12%
1 year growth↑ 27%
2 year growth↑ 43%
- 3+ years of experience delivering successful software products
- Recent experience working at a Fintech software company
- Next level communication skills
- Ability to motivate
- Execution excellence
- Data mindset
- Desire to collaborate
- Knack for details
- Passion for technology
- Previous experience working in a scrum/agile environment
- Take on the full responsibilities of leading a product team
- Understand the user experience through qualitative and quantitative research
- Be responsible for product vision and strategy
- Deliver features that make an impact on customers
- Build a plan, implement, and then measure success
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. We work with small home service businesses, like your local plumbers, electricians, painters, and landscapers, to transform the way service is delivered through technology. With Jobber they can quote, schedule, invoice, and collect payments from their customers, while providing an easy and professional customer experience. Running a small business today isn’t like it used to be—the way we consume and deliver service is changing rapidly, technology is evolving, and customers expect more. That’s why we put the power and flexibility in their hands to run their businesses how, where, and when they want!
Our culture of transparency, inclusivity, collaboration, and innovation has been recognized by Great Place to Work, Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, and more. Jobber has also been named on the Globe and Mail’s Canada’s Top Growing Companies list, and Deloitte Canada’s Technology Fast 50™, Enterprise Fast 15, and Technology Fast 500™ lists. With an Executive team that has over thirty years of industry experience of leading the way, we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011—but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
Fintech is one of the fastest-growing parts of Jobber, and a core strategic priority for us as a company. We’re investing in this growing area because we believe embedding financial tools within our product deepens our ability to help small businesses be successful. Whether it’s helping small businesses get paid using Jobber Payments, getting access to capital to invest in growth, or offering financing to our customer’s customers - we believe small business owners should have seamless access to financial tools that allow them to thrive. Simply put, we care much more about our customers than any financial institution ever will. That’s our superpower.
Reporting to the Director, Product Management the Product Manager will balance quantitative and qualitative research to deeply understand both the overall market conditions and our customers’ problems, to ensure we are executing on the highest priority initiatives. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to help guide the success of the Jobber product, utilize data and consumer research to understand and validate top priorities, conceptualize a strategy, work to execute with a team of developers and designers and then measure success. You will be a motivator for your team, and keep them engaged and excited about finding and developing solutions to empower mobile small businesses.
The Product Manager will:
- Take on the full responsibilities of leading a product team. This includes product validation, execution/delivery and outcomes.
- Understand the user experience through qualitative and quantitative research. In order to understand the customers, you’ll have to take large amounts of data points, research, and feedback and distill it down to what is truly important. Our customers are the life-blood of our product, and understanding their problem areas within Jobber will inform strategic decisions and solutions, and shape the product experiences.
- Be responsible for product vision and strategy. You will own the creative process of generating, developing, and curating new ideas. By understanding the connections between people’s day-to-day work, the overall product vision, and customers’ needs, you can prioritize building what matters to achieve the products’ strategic goals and initiatives.
- Deliver features that make an impact on customers. You’ll take feedback and prioritize features by ranking them against strategic goals and initiatives.
- Build a plan, implement, and then measure success. You’ll be responsible for a timeline for implementation of new ideas, and then defining the release process and coordinating all activities to bring this to market. Once implemented, you will help determine what success looks like for the solutions you help build, measuring that success, and keeping stakeholders informed of that progress so that your team can make iterative decisions based on results.
To be successful, you should have:
- You’re an eager and driven product manager, with approximately within 3+ years of experience delivering successful software products
- You have recent experience working at a Fintech software company, preferably solving problems in bookkeeping, accounting, payments, money movements and/or closely related areas.
- Next level communication skills. Your written, verbal and presentation communication skills help articulate the voice of the customer and the needs of the business.
- Empathy. You are naturally empathetic. This means you’ll have the ability to understand our customers - what motivates them, frustrates them, drives them and makes them happy.
- An ability to motivate. You listen before speaking and understand before providing solutions. You focus on the relationship and build trust easily.
- Execution excellence. Creating insights is one thing – leading and driving execution is another. You are motivated by getting things across the finish line and have a solid track record of managing projects and multiple priorities at any given time.
- A data mindset. You look to data to define a problem and you also look to data to demonstrate success. You are energized by the ability to contextualize your work through various tools, systems and processes.
- A desire to collaborate. To deliver high-quality features as quickly as possible, you’ll need to partner with many different people and departments.
- A knack for the details, with an understanding of the big picture. In your role, the details matter, and help drive your team forward with a sense of direction and clarity.
- A passion for technology. You are naturally curious about technology and tend to be an early adopter for most things. You appreciate how technology can solve many business problems and are driven to make a lasting impact for our customers.
- Ownership. You are driven to do the right things for your work. You are accountable to both your successes and your shortcomings. You want to move fast and aggressively.
- Previous experience working in a scrum/agile environment.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named as a Top 10 Great Place to Work in Canada, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Coaching and Development function, including Development Coaches, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for all your breaks: from vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off to celebrate, health days to support your physical and mental health, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player...yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!