Senior Systems Engineer
Posted on 9/27/2022
Blacksburg, VA, USA • Austin, TX, USA
- Degree in systems engineering, robotics, electrical engineering, or related technical field
- 2+ years technical design experience for robotic, automotive, or aerospace systems
- Experience specifying requirements for complex products with multiple levels of subsystems is highly desirable
- Experience developing or implementing vehicle level control software is highly desirable
- Background in working on robotics within loosely bounded operational design domains
- Familiarity with functional safety analysis processes (HAZOP, FMEA, STPA, FTA)
- Familiarity with model-based design
- Multimodal sensor usage and knowledge background is beneficial
- Broad understanding of engineering fundamentals in software, networking, electrical, and mechanical systems and system components
- Excellent engineering communication skills in both written documentation and verbal presentation, especially the ability to communicate complex technical issues to a diverse team
- Open to occasional travel to partner or customer facilities
- Create the behavioral, physical, and safety specification for an SAE L4 autonomous truck product
- Lead design discussions regarding technical details of cross organization, spanning across hardware, software, functional safety, validation, and operations
- Identify key product challenges and generate achievable solutions
- Derive product requirements from external stakeholders, regulatory bodies, liability review, operating domain, and societal expectations
- Develop system design documentation including description of the dynamic driving task, functional flow block diagrams, requirement derivation and allocation to components based on the ASIL designation
- Work with a highly skilled and experienced international team to find the right design solutions to exceptionally complex and challenging problems
- Collaborate closely with functional safety engineering teams to ensure the design process is aligned with industry best practices as defined in ISO 26262, ISO 21448 (SOTIF), and other emerging standards
- Programming experience in C++ and Python is beneficial
Torc Robotics’ mission is simple: to save lives. The company is committed to commercializing self-driving technology to make the world a safer place. Moreover, Torc Robotics is creating commercialization-ready autonomous solutions, proven safe and carefully crafted to meet real industry goals.
- A competitive compensation package that includes a bonus component and stock options
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision premiums for full-time employees
- 401K plan with a 6% employer match
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation (available immediately after start date)
- Company-wide holiday office closures
- AD+D and Life Insurance
Company Core Values
- Hungry: Hungry for knowledge. Hungry for action. Torc’rs always strive to learn and do more.
- Humble: Torc’rs are humble. We do not lead with egos. We place team success over individual accomplishment.
- People Smart: Torc’rs are empathetic, respectful and open-minded to people from all backgrounds.