Senior Manager of Accounting
Updated on 11/15/2023
Dallas, TX, USA
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA required.
- 8+ years of combined public company industry and Big Four accounting firm experience.
- Experience in the automotive industry is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with Excel.
- Strong communicator and comfortable interacting with colleagues in a professional and helpful manner.
- Motivated standout colleague with the ability to work in a fast-paced, forward-moving environment
- Ability to learn and understand financial accounting systems/software: NetSuite software experience is a plus.
- Prepare and review as appropriate technical accounting estimates, including but not limited to sales allowance, inventory reserves, and allowance for doubtful accounts.
- Account for website development costs including evaluating projects for capitalization and monitoring for impairment.
- Document monthly and quarterly SOX controls in accordance with public company standards.
- Maintain and update technical accounting positions memos and document new positions memos.
- Provide insight into the business by highlighting the effects of proper accounting on transactional results.
- Partner with CarOffer to help identify areas of improvement and enhance accounting processes to drive efficiencies.
- Partner cross-functionally with various teams including FP&A, Legal, Investor Relations, SEC reporting, and SOX.
- Be a liaison between CarOffer and CarGurus by bringing up matters that impact operations and reporting.
- Support quarterly reviews and the year-end audit with external auditors.
- Assist with CarOffer-specific 10-Q/10-K disclosures.
- Provide accounting support for special ad-hoc projects.
- Experience in the automotive industry.
- Proficiency with NetSuite software.