At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
What you’ll do as a Solutions Engineer
The Pre-Sales Solution Engineering organization owns the technical sales of the Cloudflare solution portfolio, ensuring maximal business value, fit-for-purpose solution design and adoption roadmap for our customers. Solution Engineering is made up of individuals from a wide range of backgrounds including but not limited to Sales Consultants, Technical Consultants, Technical Support and Program Managers.
You are a customer facing technologist within the Cloudflare Solutions Engineering team. You have experience in working in a pre-sales or other technical customer facing role supporting large enterprise accounts or acquiring new enterprise customers, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills suited to explain the benefits of CloudFlare products and services to existing and potential customers. In this role you will be responsible for partnering with the sales team to understand customer requirements and provide sales support, prepare and deliver technical presentations and demos explaining the benefits of Cloudflare products to existing and potential customers, and run proof of concept trials for customers.
Specifically, we are looking for you to:
- Identify and map customer initiatives and business problems to Cloudflare solutions
- Build relationships and technical champions within customer accounts
- Develop and present customer presentations at every Enterprise Customer’s organization level
- Lead demo and proof-of-concept activities for Cloudflare prospects and customers
- Demonstrate your expertise of Cloudflare with your peers through the creation of professional content, including white papers, blog posts and other knowledge sharing activities
- Represent and evangelize Cloudflare externally at Developer, Community, Technology, Cybersecurity and Industry focused events with thought leadership and expertise.
- Apply in-depth vertical knowledge or domain expertise. Advise on best practices.
- Previous experience as a Solutions Engineer or other customer facing technical role with CDN, Security, Networking or SaaS
- Solid communication, written and presentation skills
- Ability to work on several projects and activities concurrently
- Highly driven individuals that are curious, team players and work with a sense of urgency
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in relevant work experience
Examples of one or more desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Fundamental understanding of customer network and/or application architectures.
- Detailed understanding of workflow from user to application including hybrid architectures with Azure, AWS, GCP.
- Understanding, knowledge or experience of application and/or network security
- Understanding, knowledge or experiences with SaaS application environments
- Understanding, knowledge or experience with VPN and remote access challenges
- Understanding, knowledge or experience with SIEM and log analytics platforms
- Client OS fundamentals and software distribution
Other desirable skills areas include:
- Experience interacting with senior level/executives to communicate a message of network and security transformation
- Routing, subnetting, split tunnels. SD-WAN, local internet breakout
- End user and application security risks - DDoS, malware, phishing, viruses
- Knowledge of competitive market around CDN providers and internet security technologies
Compensation may be adjusted depending on work location.
- For New York City-based and California (excluding Bay Area) and Washington hires: Estimated annual salary of $192,000 - $234,000
[Commissions: If applicable include this line:] This role is eligible to earn incentive compensation under Cloudflare’s Sales Compensation Plan. The estimated annual salary range in Colorado includes the on-target incentive compensation that may be attained in this role under the Sales Compensation Plan.
This role is eligible to participate in Cloudflare’s equity plan.
Cloudflare offers a complete package of benefits and programs to support you and your family. Our benefits programs can help you pay health care expenses, support caregiving, build capital for the future and make life a little easier and fun! The below is a description of our benefits for employees in the United States, and benefits may vary for employees based outside the U.S.
Health & Welfare Benefits
- Medical/Rx Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Spending Accounts
- Fertility & Family Forming Benefits
- On-demand mental health support and Employee Assistance Program
- Global Travel Medical Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Accident Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Participation Plan
- Flexible paid time off covering vacation and sick leave
- Leave programs, including parental, pregnancy health, medical, and bereavement leave
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
188.8.131.52: We released 184.108.40.206 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person’s, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.