Global Distribution Strategy, Service
Posted on 3/15/2023
Irvine, CA, USA
- 10+ years of experience in Automotive, Tier 1, OEM, or technical field with emphasis in demand planning, supply chain, materials management, distribution, or logistics
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering or related field (MS or MBA preferred in related discipline)
- 3-5+ years of direct management experience leading teams within a fast-paced technology/automotive distribution or supply chain environment with a proven track record of performance
- Excellent program management skills and ability to work within guidelines, JIRA or Smartsheets a plus
- Understanding of supply chain total cost trade-offs between transport cost, inventory, and service
- Strong collaborator, with willingness to drive change
- Extensive knowledge/experience setting up and managing distribution network
- Clear understanding of warehouse management systems and the interaction with ERP systems
- Knowledge of international compliance and logistics for expanding global footprint
- Strong analytical and structured problem-solving capabilities with a focus on data driven action and results
- Broad experience defining, launching, and driving strategic process redesign initiatives to improve internal and external processes and operations, working closely with cross-functional teams and stakeholders in a technology environment
- Process design experience, with proven ability to understand, document, and transform complex processes into operational systems
- Able to work efficiently under high amount of work/stress
- Ability to coach, manage, and support competence development within a team
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with internal and external partners
- Ability to stand or sit for 8-10 hours per day
- Required to communicate using telephone and/or e-mail
- Ability to view, reach, and interpret documents
- Lead and develop a team of highly skilled individuals to formulate global supply chain roadmaps and implement programs on time and within budget
- Drive development and execution of holistic supply network design to ensure End to End supply chain continuity through innovative and optimized solutions
- Effectively manage team priorities, organize workload, and meet committed program deadlines to support Rivian's success
- Develop and execute the overall Global Distribution Service strategic plan which will drive optimal customer experience
- Ensure supply continuity through network design, capacity planning, risk management, compliance, and service
- Drive key KPI improvement activities for distribution to enable predictive performance and financial planning through development and execution of specific strategies
- Drive operational excellence and best practices across the network aimed at reducing costs and improving service level
- Develop best in class service operations leveraging Rivian's platform and new technologies
- Seek out new innovations and present new strategies to continuously improve all areas of the organization
- Advise and adjust organization on new strategic developments to scale, automate, and grow
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team