Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that’s doing something different.
If you’ve ever dreamt of what the early days of Hollywood must have been like, of what it takes to roll up your sleeves and break new ground, figure out a new process, and to one day say, “I was there when it all began,” then welcome aboard…
Skydance Animation is looking for an experienced Production Supervisor to manage day-to-day needs and develop long-term goals of the Editorial department as our film transitions into CG Production. They report to the film’s Production Managers. The ideal candidate is a highly organized and proactive team-player with the ability to multi-task amongst shifting priorities; they are an experienced leader who can motivate a team within a constantly changing environment.
- Strategic partner with Producer and Production Managers in meeting overall production scheduling and budget requirements
- Develop global production strategy and departmental projections as it pertains to Editorial, ensure accurate execution of established plans
- Ensure weekly quotas, department milestones, and inventory changes are met; understands how changes might affect budget, scheduling, and overtime
- Strategize with Editor to cast assignments, establish deadlines and agendas for editorial reviews, monitor progress and workload
- Routine check-ins with editorial and production staff, delivering reviews and feedback as necessary
- Oversee timely availability of resources and team; proactively predict inventory issues and communicate status of work and assignments to Production Managers
- Responsible for accurate communication of action items or changes to necessary departments, editors, etc.
- Establish ShotGrid database structure for notes, statuses, other relevant department information; ingest and monitor progress from production partners, as applicable
- Regularly sync with international production studio; confirm cross-site delivery schedules, communicate relevant feedback, and strategize deadlines
- Create and update department reports to document workflows, project scenarios, and communicate progress upward to Production Managers and Producer
- Partner with Talent Development for team planning, staffing, feedback
- Manage logistical activities for department; establish agendas and help drive reviews and presentations
- Support and mentor Production Coordinators and Production Assistants, finding opportunities for growth and development
- Review and approve weekly time sheets for production team
- Maintain crew moral by fostering a creative and inclusive working environment
- Strong working knowledge of Editorial needs on animated production, including previous experience Supervising on a CG feature
- Strong managerial expertise, leading a team within a professional, fast-paced environment
- Exceptionally strong attention to detail, organizational and follow-through skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities while maintaining positive attitude and proactive communication across teams and departments
- Proactivity in anticipating, identifying, and addressing issues
- Comprehensive knowledge of ShotGrid or comparable tracking software
The annual range for this exempt position in Los Angeles is $72,500-95,000/year. The rate offered may vary based on the candidate’s location, qualifications, experience and relevant expertise, among other factors. The range indicated is for base salary only and does not reflect the total compensation package, including bonus, benefits, etc.
We realize that skills and expertise can come from many different experiences and paths, and we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements as written in the job description.
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you from an official “@skydance.com” email address. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at [email protected]