Field Service Technician II
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Sacramento, CA, USA
- 1-2 years of experience as a Technician servicing high, medium, and low voltage system components in the automotive, energy, or related industries
- Familiarity with IoT networking concepts
- Ability to read and understand design schematics, construction documents, and technical repair guides
- Customer service skills demonstrating the ability to confirm, reassure, or resolve customer concerns, issues, or apprehensions
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, word processing, and other computer-based applications (e.g. time tracking, case management, etc.)
- Ability to work in a variety of environments, including, but not limited to:
- Climbing ladders/scaffolds/high-lift equipment
- Outdoors and indoors, night or day, during hot, cold, or inclement weather
- Ability to use hand tools, diagnostic equipment (digital multi-meter, power meter, etc.), laptop/tablet, and smartphone
- Excellent time management skills and ability to coordinate travel and logistics to ensure work is completed within contractual service level agreement periods
- Ability to carry/move tools and equipment up to 60 lbs. unassisted
- Minimum age of 21
- No driving related suspensions or revocation of Driver License (within a 3-5 year period)
- Ability to read and speak fluent English
- No drug or alcohol related driving incidents in the last 3 years
- No more than 1 serious moving violation in the last 3 years
- Must have a valid driver's license in the state of residence that you will be driving/operating a vehicle
- Will be subject to continuous Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) monitoring
- Ability to stand for 8-10 hours per day
- Ability to travel up to 90%
- Support the commissioning and maintenance of electric vehicle supply equipment, commercial solar PV, and energy storage systems
- Work collaboratively across internal and external stakeholders to ensure Energy Service Operations will meet contractual SLA's and Rivian benchmarks
- Continuously evaluating the installation, configuration, and operation of integrated systems while bringing to the attention of internal Rivian stakeholders' opportunities for optimization and improvement
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve issues impacting Rivian's energy assets
- Promptly and meticulously documenting all service-related activities within Salesforce and Rivian's operating systems
- Committed and flexible to travel both in and out of home-market service territory
- Flexibility to work overtime when needed
- Demonstrate Rivian's brand, mission, and purpose to customers through relevant human skills
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED; related trade certifications is a plus
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team