Software Engineering Manager
Posted on 2/1/2022
Toronto, ON, Canada
Data Structures & Algorithms
- Degree in Computer Science or related engineering field, or equivalent practical experience
- At least 2 years of experience in managing a small team of highly skilled engineers
- Experience in building web-scale and/or enterprise-grade systems in different environments
- Strong ability to reason about data structures, complexity, and possible engineering approaches to a problem
- Experience with Python / Django is preferred, but experience with any mainstream language and framework is required
- Experience with database systems, including SQL and/or NoSQL solutions is required
- Experience with version control systems, preferably Git
- Managing and guiding a cross-functional team helping to set priorities and tasks
- Planning and managing multiple projects to ensure successful delivery
- Working closely with the product manager to define the team's roadmap and short term priorities
- Leveraging your systems knowledge to deliver fast and scalable software, starting from the design of the system through development and extension
- Mentoring the engineers on the team to improve their technical and soft skills
- Creatively solving problems even when the initial answer is unclear
- Guiding the team in identifying tech debt and prioritizing it in the team roadmap
- Working with engineers to define the path to their personal growth
- Experience with distributed systems
- Strong background in data science and mathematics
AI-powered enterprise data platform
Hyperscience is on a mission to connect human and artificial intelligence to solve tomorrow's automation challenges today, creating better outcomes for customers, companies, and the world.
- Top notch healthcare for you and your family
- 30 days of paid leave annually to help nurture work-life symbiosis
- A 100% 401(k) match for up to 6% of your annual salary
- 6 months paid parental leave (or double salary to pay for your partner’s unpaid leave)
- Free travel for any person accompanying a breastfeeding mother and her baby on a business trip,
- A child care and education stipend up to $3,000 per month, per child under the age of 21 for a maximum of $6,000 per month total
- Flexible work hours that are compatible with having children
- Two weeks of severance for every 6 months served with a minimum of 1 month severance
- Do a good job.
- There is no way out but through.
- Incremental is not enough.
- Ambition pairs best with humility.
- Imaginative ideas from everyone.
- Tradeoffs create our identity.
- Work-life symbiosis.
- Equality for all.