US Tier 1 Locations: $137,000 USD - $200,000 USD
US Tier 2 Locations: $126,000 USD - $185,000 USD
US Tier 3 Locations: $116,000 USD - $170,000 USD
To learn more about our Hiring Range System, please click this link.
A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven”. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks.
Mozilla’s Privacy and Security product team is a vanguard protecting for people on the internet. We embody the Mozilla manifesto principle: individuals’ security & privacy are fundamental and must not be treated as optional.
After the launch of our flagship product, the Mozilla VPN, in 2020, the Privacy and Security product team is hard at work building new features and products to add to our portfolio.
Are you a forward thinking product leader? Does advocating for online privacy align with your personal mission? Have you led new product initiatives, generating new revenue streams and from untapped markets?
Our culture promotes participation, innovative thinking, and is inclusive of people from all walks of life. We build comprehensive software products like Mozilla VPN, Monitor, and Relay. We build web services and APIs, web front-ends, browser extensions like Multi-Account Containers, and client-side apps.
What You’ll Do
What You Bring
- Design and drive product strategy for new products and features that help user protect themselves online
- Become an inspiring leader and subject matter authority in online privacy by researching and translating industry trends into perspectives pertinent to product development
- Align product vision with technical capabilities, articulating design feedback to increase the odds of product success.
- Expertise as a product manager with a track record for driving early-stage growth
- Experience working on subscription products
- Thoughtful and creative turning ambiguous problems into great products
- Use data to set goals and measure progress
- First-hand experience launching software products to new customer segments
- A passion for protecting the public’s privacy
- A curious and adaptable mind, capable of learning while leading
- Your full and authentic self!
- Many years of experience in software product management
- Direct experience partnering with engineering teams and leading software development process
- Track record of experimentation and contributing to effective go to market activities
- MBA from an accredited university
- Practical knowledge PII (personally identifiable information) management and industry standards
- Passion for open source technologies
- Prior experience advocating for, or working with an advocacy group for online privacy
- Mobile application product management
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at [email protected] to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R2128