Senior Software Engineer - Streaming and APIs
Posted on 4/27/2022
Kitchener, ON, Canada
Data Structures & Algorithms
Development Operations (DevOps)
Google Cloud Platform
- Professional experience with Object Oriented or Functional programming languages (Java, Scala, etc)
- Experience with implementing microservice architectures at scale, messaging patterns and streaming architectures
- Experience with Kafka (or equivalent)
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field/degree, and/or equivalent work experience
- We are going multi-cloud soon, so experience with both AWS and GCP will be huge!
- A fun and positive attitude!
- You will be part of a dynamic and technically diverse group of engineers, where you will get to drive, contribute, influence, learn and grow top notch technical skill sets, while building out a scalable and high volume Ingestion and Query Platform
- We believe in, and practice, end to end service ownership, so you will fully participate in the ownership of your services and components, including on-call duties
- Influencing the features and direction of the product and platform with your own ideas
- You will work extensively with a variety of streaming and search/query services, running on a Kafka backbone, and with a variety of stateful stores like Elasticsearch, Aurora, DynamoDB, Redis at Lookout
- You will work on microservices built with Ruby, Scala, on the AWS Cloud
Cybersecurity for mobile devices
Lookout is on a mission to secure and empower productivity in a privacy-focused world. The company provides endpoint-to-cloud cybersecurity solutions to help secure data for some of the world’s leading enterprises and ensure they comply with regulations.