Software Quality Engineer
Posted on 8/9/2022
Remote in USA
- You have 4+ years of experience as a Software Quality Engineer or related role
- You have previous test automation framework development experience
- You can analyze the product and identify the best automation approach
- You know how the web works, can dive into HTTP and API design, and have solid experience building and testing web applications
- You have experience working with microservice architecture, and are familiar with using mocked responses
- You have a solid track record of defining and building automated test suites using a programming or scripting language. You know what a good test framework looks like, and are ready to improve our existing frameworks
- You are self-motivated
- You are a team player who can work with product and engineering in developing detailed test plans and test cases
- You like troubleshooting issues and enjoy finding the root cause of a problem
- You are a strong communicator. Discussing complex technical concepts with designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (eg. Java, Go, JS)
- Experience with CI/development pipeline
- Knowledge of at least one test framework (eg. Selenium, Nightwatch.js, RSpec, Cucumber, and Phantomjs)
- Act as the Quality Subject Matter Expert for the MVR Team, helping to foster a strong culture of testing and continuous improvement
- Help define testing strategies and work with the team to implement testing for new features
- QEs help develop a testing plan for an epic, help define acceptance criteria, manually test stories, add test automation coverage, and help PMs with acceptance as needed
- Expand our existing automated test suites, executed as part of our continuous integration flow
- Share and implement new testing frameworks
- Share learnings with the team and quality work group
- Train and pair Software Engineers
- Prioritize key tests and scenarios based on historic issues, in collaboration with Customer Success, product, and engineering
- Work with engineers to investigate production issues, and perform root cause analysis
- Define and implement metrics to communicate the quality of the products you are responsible for
- Support other types of quality targets, such as performance, load, and stress testing
- Document expected behavior
Automating professional background checks
Checkr powers people infrastructure for the future of work. With artificial intelligence and machine learning, Checkr's solutions make background checks faster—building a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all.
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
- Humility: We are respectful and free from arrogance. We put the success of our employees over our company and are excited to learn from each other.
- Transparency: We trust each other to communicate the good and the bad as it relates to doing our best work. We aren’t afraid to voice our opinions and are receptive to feedback.
- Grit: We are passionate and hustle to raise the bar. We persevere through our challenges and grow from our failures.
- Ownership: We strive for thoughtful impact, take pride in our work, and hold ourselves accountable. We step up and take on new challenges to help further the success of the company.
- Connection: We genuinely care about each other and understand that our people are our power. We celebrate our lived experiences and enjoy helping and supporting each other.