Kafka Software Engineering Intern (Backend)
Posted on 11/13/2021
Data Structures & Algorithms
Google Cloud Platform
- Pursuing a Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD in Computer Science, Math, or a related technical fieldSelf-motivated and able to drive projects with mentorship and project requirements
- Ability to work effectively in teams and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of data structures and algorithms and are proficient in at least one of these languages: Java/Scala, C, C++, GoSmart, humble, and empathetic
- Driven and excited about challenges of a fast-paced, innovative, and quickly growing software development environmentInterested in building large scale distributed systems in the cloud and are excited to make an impact
- To design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software that will touch production and have customer facing impact
- Follow best practices for software development and participate in code reviews
- Manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverablesHelp build the next generation
- Kafka by continuing to push the boundaries of distributed system design
Full-scale data streaming platform
Confluent's mission is to create a new paradigm for real-time data streaming to help organizations set data in motion. The company builds tech-enables data manipulation tools.
- Best Teammates on Planet Earth - Loving your job has a lot to do with the people around you. Luckily at Confluent, you will find some of the most genuine people who make you excited to come to work each day.
- Adjustable Working Arrangements - While most of our employees work typical business hours, we encourage everyone to partner with their manager to make a schedule that works best for them and Confluent.
- Robust Benefits - Health and wellness is important and Confluent is proud to offer a total benefits program that ranks in the top percentile of companies similar in size to our industry in our established geographies.
- Rest and Recharge Days - Personal time off is great but it is even better when your whole team has the day. Each quarter, teams have three recharge days where the entire team logs off and refreshes before coming back to work.
- Weekly Lunch Spend - At Confluent, we have a weekly lunch program called “No Pay Thursday.” On Thursdays, lunch is provided by Confluent at local restaurants and grocery stores, taxes may apply for some countries.
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) - Confluent employees work really hard to meet the needs of our growing and scaling business. To make sure that we don’t burn out, we encourage everyone to balance their PTO in an adequate way.
Company Core Values
- Earn Our Customers' Love
- To Build a Great Company, Build a Great Team
- Smart, Humble, and Empathetic
- Be Fired up and Get It Done
- Tasteful not Wasteful
- One Team