Want to help us, help others? We’re hiring!
GoFundMe is a global community of over 100 million people with the common purpose of helping one another. Our mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support causes—for themselves, each other, and their communities. In 2022, GoFundMejoined together with Classy, a leading nonprofit fundraising software company that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Together, GoFundMe and Classy have empowered people and organizations to raise more than $25 billion since 2010. Our vision is to become the most helpful place in the world.
Join us! The GoFundMe team is searching for our next Safety Specialist to serve the Second Shift (2pm PST - 11pm PST). As a member of the Safety team, you work closely with the other functions of Risk and Compliance, Customer Experience and Public Affairs teams to protect customers and the brand. Within Trust & Safety, one part of the team focuses on account investigations and proactive misuse, while this role is more designed for handling content moderation review and crisis response, policy escalations, helping ensure funds are safely delivered, and more. This is an incredibly fast-paced job where you are required to consider all options, operate at an impeccable level of consistency, and collaborate to find the right solution in your quest to keep GoFundMe safe.
- This role will cover Second Shift (2:00pm PST -11pm PST) with the initial training and onboarding (first 3 months of the role) covering First Shift hours (8am PST - 5pm PST).
- Provide high-quality email and occasional phone support to customers and other stakeholders to ensure fundraiser authenticity and safe delivery of funds for beneficiaries. Specialists spend 3-4 hours in email support each day.
- Proactively vet fundraisers and interpret fundraiser content in accordance with the GoFundMe Terms of Service, in addition to staying up-to-date on the latest trends and assisting with evaluating policy. Specialists spend 2-3 hours on various review tools each day.
- Professional development. Specialists have 1-2 hours of project time each day to work on initiatives that push the team and their careers forward.
- Work with Compliance, Payment Risk, Legal, Strategy, payment processor risk teams, and others to ensure fundraisers on GoFundMe are legitimate and donations are delivered to the correct parties.
- Field questions and vet fundraisers for the go-to-market and Communications team, collaboratively work with all of Trust & Safety, Public Affairs, Marketing, and Customer Experience teams on a regular basis and in emergencies, and become an expert in quickly resolving complicated issues through email, phone, and messaging software.
- Identify trends, handle escalations, and ensure safe delivery of funds for beneficiaries.
- Develop a deep understanding of content moderation policies and willingness to experiment with bold, novel solutions.
- Consistently improve and enhance our internal processes and systems.
- Provide invaluable security feedback to our Product Team to build Trust & Safety into the GoFundMe platform.
- Exemplify T&S core values (Protect Altruism, Agreement in Action, Find a Solution Together) and embody company and team culture
- Are a consistent high-performer
- Strong attention to detail with a focus on quality
- Are an effective problem solver: spots issues or efficiency gains and brings solutions forward
- Exude strong leadership skills
- Will support and implement efforts to connect with Dublin team and US First Shift team
- Display natural ability to “think big” and take initiative
- Excited about joining a team focused on helping others
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- See every interaction as a chance to build rapport and strengthen the public perception of GoFundMe
Why you’ll love it here...
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
The total annual salary for this full-time position is $60,000 - $85,000 + equity + benefits. As this is a remote position, the salary range was determined by role, level, and possible location across the US. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range based on your location during the hiring process.
Learn more about GoFundMe:
GoFundMe 2022 | Year in Help
We Support Justice + Equality