Hardware Compliance Manager
Posted on 6/1/2022
Everett, MA, USA
- Leverage a core knowledge of industrial product safety regulations to identify relevant standards, translate guidelines into engineering requirements and review product designs for compliance
- Employ strong organizational and communication skills to define testing requirements, assess risk, manage design documents, oversee test lab activities and communicate project status across engineering, regulatory agencies, sales partners, manufacturing and senior leadership
- Manage all new products through compliance assessments, product testing, certification processes and design updates for user safety and regulatory compliance
- Maintain compliance of existing products and update certifications as regulations change or Formlabs expands to new international markets
- Prepare regulatory documents and submit to agencies and third party service providers
- Partner with the Regulatory Compliance Manager and adjacent compliance functions to enable Formlabs' expansion into new markets while enhancing processes and systems to be more predictive, lean and expedient
- Demonstrated experience managing hardware regulatory compliance including design for compliance and agency submissions
- Exposure to consumer or industrial electronics product development for international markets
- Experience with international standards including EMC, IEC, Wireless, etc
- Highly collaborative and results driven. Constantly striving to reduce waste, accelerate delivery and mitigate risk
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to manage concurrent tasks
- Past experience working with NRTLs
- Experience working with international manufacturing partners
Advanced 3D printing systems
Formlabs is reinventing 3D printing by expanding access to digital fabrication, so anyone can make anything.
- Flexible vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
- Autonomy: We leave space for people to do their best, and take initiative to chart their own career course.
- Cutting Edge: We’re building things that haven’t been built before, so we can push the edge of what’s possible.
- Results: We dream big, but our focus on getting things done is what drives us forward.
- Curiosity: We are always asking why to push ideas and actions beyond the status quo.