C++ Software Engineer
Engine Distributed Data
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Burlingame, CA, USA
- Amazing at systems-level C++ programming Fascinated by the actual work the CPU does when you use smart pointers, templates, virtual functions, and blocks of memory, both structured and raw
- Knowledgeable about network protocols: You understand the messages exchanged during communication over these protocols
- Keen to understand each millisecond of the network exchanges: You know where the time goes and how to reduce the waste
- Multi-platform: You understand, across all platforms, what happens on the hardware-level when certain code is executed
- Ready for a challenge: You are eager to tackle the hardest distributed networking problems in the world
- You will report directly into the Engineering Manager
- You will develop network communication code that creates a smooth and real-time experience for Roblox users worldwide
- You have 5+ years of industry experience
- You will work on a very large multithreaded distributed system that connects millions of users worldwide
- You will work on all the devices Roblox supports - from desktop clients to mobile phone clients to console clients
Game platform and game creation system
Roblox’s mission is to bring the world together through play. They enable anyone to imagine, create, and have fun with friends as they explore millions of immersive 3D experiences, all built by a global community of developers.
- Benefits and Perks - The health and well-being of our employees and their families is our top priority. We offer robust and comprehensive programs with variety to best meet your needs.
- Well-Being Benefits - With flexible time off and a bi-annual, company-wide spring/summer recharge, Roblox knows how to balance working hard with winding down.
- Financial Benefits - Competitive compensation packages, 401(k) matching, and flexible share incentives that let you choose how to share in our success.
- Health and Wellness - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, family planning resources, and 12 weeks off for all new parents.
- Flexible Workplace - Our hybrid work schedule balances working onsite and working remotely. Enjoy daily lunch and an in-house fitness center when working from our San Mateo headquarters.
Company Core Values
- Inspire Others
- Work Hard
- Respect the Community
- Get Stuff Done