Quick take: Axios is a growth-stage company dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We are hiring a Director of Client Partnerships for New Business to join our growing partnerships team and will report into the Senior Director of Client Partnerships for New Business.
Why it matters: The New Business team is focused on bringing new clients by exploring and understanding new industry segments. As a Director, you’ll work with primarily new partners and be responsible to grow revenue across existing accounts through native content and newsletter advertising. You will act as a brand ambassador for Axios and proactively network across the market and create new opportunities for our company. You will develop and maintain trusted, strategic relationships with agency and client partners.
The details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for Axios’ mission. This role requires a high-energy hunting mentality paired with strong communication skills and an ability to understand partner business priorities. Ideal candidates will also have the following skills:
- 7+ years Experience in sales, digital media, consulting, or marketing
- Established relationships with key agencies and brands
- Experience in an outbound sales environment
- A strong eye for direct-to-consumer ad strategies and creative outreach skills
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to command an audience
- Understanding of digital media, online marketing technology, and Axios’ competitive landscape
- Exceptionally collaborative, both within your own team and cross-functionally
- Willingness to travel and attend social events and engagements, sometimes during evening hours
- Growth mindset with hunger to constantly learn and improve your craft
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Company-sponsored access to Ginger coaching and mental health support
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Class pass discount
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
On target earnings for this role is in the range of $110,000-$150,000 and is dependent on numerous factors, including but not limited to location, work experience, and skills. This range does not include other compensation benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.