Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Texarkana, TX, USA • Dallas, TX, USA • Arkansas, USA • Fort Worth, TX...
- BS in Industrial Engineering or other Engineering related discipline
- Minimum 5+ years' work experience in engineering related field
- Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with employees
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook Access)
- Investigate, analyze and compile necessary data for recommendation and justification of new equipment or processes, tooling, material handling systems, and energy conservation processes; recommends and coordinates capital requirements for future years in all areas of the plant
- Analyze, develop, and document budgeted and unbudgeted cost improvement proposals; recommends and coordinates cost improvement recommendations for future years in all areas of the plant
- Provide manufacturing engineering recommendations and implement programs which are necessary to improve manufacturing operations and plant profit relative to:
- Utilization of assets
- Productivity of direct and indirect labor, manpower requirements
- ROI and payback calculations on capital equipment, job evaluation and cost control procedures
- Plant layout and feasibility studies and capacity analysis
- Recommend improved methods and processes based upon the latest technology in equipment and systems
- Works closely with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards
- Conducts conventional time and motion studies for the purpose of developing standard time for standard costing purposes, compilation of standard data on verification of established rates
- Utilizes effective communications with all levels of plant and corporate personnel
- Utilizes Lean Manufacturing principles and methods for continuous plant and process improvement
- Will be regularly required to facilitate Kaizen events
- Assure that all Safety and Environmental standards are maintained to the highest level
- Other duties as assigned by the Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Innovative water solutions
Xylem helps consumers solve water. The company works to bring clean water, sanitation and hygiene education to schools and communities in emerging markets, and respond with water solutions when disaster strikes around the globe
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Company Core Values
- Respect: for each other, for diversity of people and opinions, for the environment
- Responsibility: for our words and actions, for customer satisfaction, for giving back to our communities
- Integrity: for acting ethically, for doing what we say we’ll do, for having the courage to communicate with candor
- Creativity: for thinking beyond boundaries, for anticipating tomorrow’s challenges, for unlocking growth potential