Network Engineer Intern - Summer 2023
Job Category: Intern/Co-opTime Type: Part timeMinimum Clearance Required to Start: NoneEmployee Type: Part-Time On-CallPercentage of Travel Required: Up to 25%Type of Travel: Continental US
What You’ll Get to Do:
CACI is offering an exciting opportunity for academically accomplished and technically oriented individuals who are looking for paid Summer Internships!
You will be part of a team supporting CACI Enterprise IT CTO Innovation and Research projects in High Point, NC and other locations.
As a team member, you will be working with the latest technology to solve real world problems.
More About the Role:
You will assist an engineering team to design and support wireless network solutions across the project life cycle. You will monitor and oversee the completion of tasks under the direction of the senior Engineer.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- You must minimally be a graduating High School Senior with demonstrated academic achievement and technical aptitude.
- Must currently be enrolled in full-time Undergraduate, Graduate, or Doctorate student, preferably in the field of Engineering or Computer Science.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance (if applicable to position)
- Must be a US citizen
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Technical experience or knowledge of basic network communications with an emphasis on radio frequency communications such as cellular communication networks.
- Coursework providing background in network communications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) software applications
- Ability to collaborate with project managers, engineers, and technicians.Ability to work in a team environment.
- Travel to other CACI Locations or Customer Sites as necessary
- Work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes, or equipment.
Included in all Internship Job Descriptions:
Must currently be enrolled in High School OR a full-time Undergraduate, Graduate, or Doctorate Student
Must be able to obtain and maintain applicable security clearance
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Technical experience or knowledge of wireless networks and RF equipment is a strong plus.
- Pursing a degree in Engineering or Computer Science or related field is preferred, not required.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred, not required.
- Previous internship/co-op or other work experience, leadership and teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular)
- Experience Installing, configuring and supporting network equipment including switches, routers, servers, DNS and DHCP.
Included in all Internship Job Descriptions:
Undergraduate or Graduate pursing a degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field is preferred, not required.
Minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred, not required.
Previous internship/co-op or other work experience, leadership and teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular)
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 60 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Company Overview: At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic.
As a federal contractor, CACI is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status.