U.S. healthcare is frustrating and deeply flawed. Cedar’s mission is to drive better outcomes for everyone involved. At a time when consumer-friendly healthcare experiences are more critical than ever, our platform is uniquely equipped to solve problems that lead to billing issues and administrative waste.
At Cedar, know that your work will have a meaningful impact on people’s lives. Cedarians work collectively to improve the healthcare experience across the ecosystem–from providers and payers to the people they serve. Join our mission as we build something transformational.
We are looking for a leader focused on supporting strategic client sales, expansion of major client relationships, and driving company-wide strategic growth and innovation. This is an executive position, designed to support early conversations with major partners through strategic partnership creation, and remain involved through implementation and account lifecycle.
In this role you will lead the day-to-day client relationship as a true peer to senior leaders at these clients (e.g., Revenue Cycle VP, CIO, CFO). Client senior executives of health systems should see you as the lead executive from Cedar, a trusted leader and advisor.
Additionally, strategic relationships with other types of ecosystem partners such as technology companies (EMRs, CRMs, Data) are part of this role. Where it makes sense, you’d also be a senior leader involved in our relationship with Epic and other similar partners.
The Strategic Growth team is a highly cross-functional team responsible for advancing Cedar’s partnerships, strategy, and go-to-market activities. Example activities this team owns:
- Collaborating with partnership team to build trust-based relationships and create/articulate a bespoke value proposition for strategic provider and payer clients
- Collaborating with Product Strategy and the Makers Team to develop company-wide strategies and subsequently operationalize through go-to-market life cycle
- Identifying macro strategic trends / imperatives as well as implications for Cedar competitive differentiation (current and future)
- Expanding our network strategy efforts through product partnership evaluation through deal cycle
- Identifying opportunities for process improvement across business verticals and collaborating to rapidly optimize / operationalize
The day-to-day of this role would be to work closely with Partnerships, Product, Client Growth, and Strategic Growth leadership to develop and maintain these strategic client relationships. You would be able to pull in team members from our sales, implementation, and account management functions to help with content creation, meeting prep, etc. Additionally, your input would play an important role in shaping our product features, product roadmap.
At Cedar, we look for teammates who are driven, energetic and excited to join a fast-paced company. Our ideal candidate has excellent listening and communication skills (verbal and written) and is comfortable operating independently in a dynamic environment.
- Build and maintain relationships with prospective client partners
- Act as a strategic thought partner for leaders of client organizations throughout the sales engagement process
- Create compelling business cases for clients and shape key company materials such as pitch decks and case studies
- Navigate clients from the sales engagement through the on-boarding process including contracting
- Help shape Cedar’s commercial and GTM strategy in existing and new business areas
- Help build out internal processes for the Partnerships team
- Identify market needs and engage with Cedar’s product and engineering teams to evaluate
Required Skills & Experience
- 8+ years in business development, consulting, or sales
- Prior healthcare experience is required
- Track record of managing relationships with high-level enterprise clients
- Gravitas and communication skills to engage senior executives of large enterprises
- Comfortable working on a small team and a dynamic environment
- Collaborative team player excited to work on big problems
- Track record of building successful strategic client relationships and managing complex projects
Compensation Range and Benefits
- Salary/Hourly Rate Range*: $161,000 - $190,000
- This role is also equity eligible
- This role offers a competitive benefits and wellness package
*Subject to location, experience, and education
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- A chance to improve the U.S. healthcare system at a high-growth company! Our leading healthcare financial platform is scaling rapidly, helping millions of patients per year
- Unless stated otherwise, most roles have flexibility to work from home or in the office, depending on what works best for you
- Unlimited PTO for vacation, sick and mental health days–we encourage everyone to take at least 20 days of vacation per year to ensure dedicated time to spend with loved ones, explore, rest and recharge
- 16 weeks paid parental leave with health benefits for all parents, plus flexible re-entry schedules for returning to work
- Diversity initiatives that encourage Cedarians to bring their whole selves to work, including three employee resource groups: [email protected] (for BIPOC-identifying Cedarians and their allies), Pridecones (for LGBTQIA+ Cedarians and their allies) and Cedar Women+ (for female-identifying Cedarians)
- Competitive pay, equity (for qualifying roles) and health benefits that start on the first of the month following your start date (or on your start date if your start date coincides with the first of the month)
- 401k plan with 3% employer non-election contribution
- Access to hands-on mentorship, employee and management coaching, and a team discretionary budget for learning and development resources to help you grow both professionally and personally
Cedar was co-founded by Florian Otto and Arel Lidow in 2016 after a negative medical billing experience inspired them to help improve our healthcare system. With a commitment to solving billing and patient experience issues, Cedar has become a leading healthcare technology company fueled by remarkable growth. Over the past several years, we’ve raised more than $350 million in funding from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Tiger Global, bringing Cedar’s valuation to $3.2 billion.
As of December 2022, Cedar is engaging with 20 million patients on an annualized basis, and is on target to process $2.7 billion in patient payments annually. Cedar’s ambition is to serve 50-60 million Americans by 2025, about half of the U.S. population that makes medical payments annually. Cedar partners with more than 55 leading healthcare providers and payers including Highmark Inc., Allegheny Health Network, Summit Health, Novant Health, Allina Health and Providence.