Senior Data Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Washington, DC, USA
- Navigating between project management, technical leadership, and individual contributor roles
- Negotiating between new requirements, legacy systems, technical debt, and best practices
- Mentoring colleagues on data engineering best practices and systems design
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science (or a related field) or equivalent work experience
- Experience with various data-stores, distributed messaging platforms, or data processing frameworks
- Experience designing and building reliable systems and data pipelines
- Experience working with large structured and unstructured data sets
- Effective coding, documentation, and communication habits
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles
- Experience integrating/fusing data from multiple data sources and domains
- Knowledge of various ETL techniques, frameworks, and best practices
- Strong communication, project management and organizational skills
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Proficiency with Python
- Work with industry standard and/or open source software such as s3, PostgreSQL and Airflow
- Support machine learning and application teams by setting up custom data solutions
- Build event and batch driven ingestion systems for machine learning and R&D as needed
- Develop and administer databases, knowledge bases, and distributed data stores
- Create and use systems to clean, integrate, or fuse datasets to produce data products
- Establish and monitor data integrity and value through visualization, profiling, and statistical tools
- Perform updates, migrations, and administration tasks for data systems
- Translate data governance strategy into implementation
- Experience with Machine Learning workflows and operations
Kenshoo is the global leader in agile marketing software.
Kensho is committed to creating a kind, diverse and equitable workplace, fostering a sense of belonging, and ensuring that the company is a place where employees can bring their whole selves to work. The company develops agile marketing software.
- Health - 100% employer-paid insurance that covers you and your family... and more
- Wellness - 26 weeks paid parental leave, flexible work hours... and more
- Growth - 6% 401K match, 20K tuition reimbursement, Knowledge Days... and more
Company Core Values
- Go Team - We put the team before ourselves. We aren’t selfish. We disagree but commit.
- Empowerment - We prefer a flat hierarchy and don’t pay much attention to titles. We encourage intelligent risk-taking; we like action, and we don’t waste time.
- Inclusion - We encourage differences. We respect and seek out backgrounds and opinions that are different from our own.
- Open Communication - We default to openness and happily acknowledge and embrace failures so we can learn from them.
- Pursuit of Excellence - We never sacrifice our high bar and optimize under the assumption that quality work hours from the best people are the scarcest resource.