Tapcart is the ultimate mobile commerce platform fueling the fastest growing brands. We power mobile apps for over 50 million consumers worldwide; processing over $3 billion in mobile commerce revenue.
A majority of Ecommerce traffic is on a mobile device now; we turn these users into high retention growth for some of the largest brands, including Fashion Nova, Pier 1, Chubbies, Brandy Melville, and many more.
As an Engineering Manager on the Tapcart Engineering team, you will have the opportunity to own a piece of our engineering roadmap and deliver high-impact solutions with a talented team of developers. We’re a tight-knit group invested in creating an engineering culture where small autonomous teams can determine the solutions to complex problems, deliver world-class technical implementation, and lay the architectural foundation for the next generation of mobile e-commerce.
The Engineering Manager will lead a squad of engineers focused on a key product in our application stack. You will be responsible for guiding the development of a new product and solving the technical and communication problems that may prevent the team from completing it on time. You will meet with your team members regularly for career management and will collaborate with leaders in Engineering, Product, and Program Management to convert items on the roadmap into an actionable plan for your team to execute.
You are skilled at translating complex engineering concerns into business value for technical and non-technical stakeholders. Your focus will be to ensure our teams are here to have fun and achieve our goals. In addition, you will foster a sense of trust, psychological safety, open communication, and fairness in our engineering organization.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Lead an engineering squad of 5-8 engineers through solution development, focusing on quality, testing, validation, and go-to-market
- Facilitate 1:1 sessions that include coaching, evaluation, and appreciation for the team members, encouraging iterative improvement and a growth mindset
- Provide transparent, effective, and fair feedback to your team in real-time
- Work closely with various stakeholders like Product, Program Management, Marketing, Sales Engineering, and Customer Success to ensure your team provides the most effective communication, output, and support
- Ensure the quality and timely delivery of technical solutions while upholding the highest product quality
- Ensure the team is aligned with product vision while providing an open, safe, and communicative space for discussion
- Lead the hiring efforts for your squad or team
WHAT SKILLS YOU’LL NEED
- 7+ years experience as an Engineer, 3+ years experience as a Manager in mobile applications
- Strong hands-on experience with Kotlin or Swift
- Exceptional experience with mobile performance, scalability, and architecture
- Experience leading a team of Engineers
- Cross-functional collaboration experience
*This role is not eligible for Visa sponsorship or transfer
Annual compensation range: $180,000- $200,000 USD
Tapcart Perks & Benefits
·401K and stock options for all full-time employees
·Medical eligible first of the month
·Dental and Vision eligible immediately
·Unlimited PTO and 11 paid company holidays
·Brand new MacBook Pro and home office setup
·$250 a month wellness stipend
·Monthly Happy Hours, Company-Wide Offsite Events
·A team that has transitioned to remote work impressively and remains highly collaborative, engaged, and connected.
·We pride ourselves on a team that promotes diversity, inclusion, leadership, mindfulness and passion.
Who is Tapcart!?
We are growing startup located in Santa Monica, CA 🏖. Our team and culture are very important to us – we aim to make coming to work fun, challenging and rewarding. We know that doing great work depends on showing up with creative solutions to face our challenges. It all starts with having good people, and helping them grow both personally and professionally. We can’t wait to hear how your unique skills and personality will add to our company and culture.
Why join us?
Learn more about who we are and what we offer on our Careers page