Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Brownsville, TX, USA • West Athens, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline
- Experience with at least one commercial FEA or multiphysics simulation package (e.g. NASTRAN, ABAQUS, ANSYS)
- Experience with mechanical design and analysis (internship experience qualifies)
- 3+ years of professional experience in mechanical design and analysis
- Demonstrated understanding of structural analysis and failure modes of complex mechanical systems
- Experience in selecting materials and manufacturing methods for mechanical components
- Solid understanding and application of GD&T
- Analytical/scientific programming experience (i.e. Python, Matlab, Excel)
- Self-motivated with strong organizational, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends as necessary
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Extreme ownership of primary and secondary structures on Starship
- Design flight hardware to achieve ascent, entry, and rapid reuse of next generation launch vehicle
- Develop design criteria where definition is lacking
- Perform hand calculations and FEA to develop, assess, and optimize designs
- Incorporate design for manufacturing principles and supervise first article builds
- Balance operational needs across vehicle systems while optimizing for development speed, mass and cost
- Design and execute qualification testing
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.