Posted on 1/20/2023
West Athens, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline or physics
- Experience with orbital mechanics, classical dynamics, modeling and simulation
- Experience with software languages C++ and/or Python
- Master's degree or PhD in physics or an engineering discipline
- 2+ years of professional experience in orbital mechanics, classical dynamics, modeling and simulation, and the software languages C++ and Python
- Demonstrated project or professional experience in launch vehicle and/or spacecraft systems
- Capable of solving complex problems with little to no supervision on schedule as an individual or as a member of an integrated team
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry and human spaceflight
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Perform trajectory design, optimization, and dispersion analysis for Crew and Cargo Dragon missions
- Implement new software or algorithms to support mission unique capabilities
- Select flight constants and guidance parameters
- Post-flight data review and correlation with analyses for continued improvement of predictions
- Analysis to verify compliance with contractual mission requirements including direct customer interface with NASA
- Document analysis and test results with a focus on automation and efficiency of reporting
- Mission operations support
- Test flight software
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.