Rec Room supports a growing community of users from all around the world. Our mission is to ensure that Rec Room is a fun and welcoming environment for people from all walks of life.
Our community can’t spend 24/7 in the app (yet!). We’ve expanded how our community can interact when they’re not inside Rec Room via our website, rec.net. As a Web Developer, you will own, design, build and deploy the website that interacts with and delights the most avid and engaged Rec Room players and creators throughout the day.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Own rec.net and recroom.com - design, build and deploy new features for desktop and mobile
- Continuously improve the look and feel of rec.net with a strong eye toward UX/UI and web interfaces
- Communicate effectively with various cross-discipline teams
- Work in a fast-paced, autonomous, and ambiguous environment
- Learn, grow, improve and help others be better
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience as a web developer and/or working in web development
- 2+ years of experience with React, TypeScript, CSS and HTML
- Experience designing, building, and deploying features for desktop & mobile
- Strong eye for UI/UX & design of web interfaces
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
BONUS POINTS IF YOU ARE:
- Familiar with online communities in the games space
- Have experience with web analytics tools
- Have experience with Next.js
- Have experience with or knowledge of C#
- Have experience working with e-commerce and/or UGC creator tooling
Company Info to know:
The base pay range for this position is $85,000 - $110,000 per year; however, the base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, location, skills, and experience. Stock options and, in some cases, a sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. We also offer a full slate of benefits, including flexible vacation, medical, dental vision, life and disability coverage, long-term care insurance, FSA, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan with company match, and a parental leave program. We also offer some not-so-standard benefits, including equipment, family, and pet care stipends.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Applicants who are in need of a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, [email protected]. Rec Room will work with each individual to define their application-related needs and to try to accommodate those needs.
Applicants can find our CCPA disclosure notice here.