Junior Concept Artist Intern
Posted on 2/3/2022
Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Solid experience in concept art and a relevant qualification
- A diverse portfolio including appealing and whimsical character and world design as well as real world, product or application focused examples
- A good understanding of colour theory / composition / layout. The ability to convey a message effectively and efficiently. Some experience with 3D software either Maya or Blender to support your 2D work
- Enthusiasm! A Strong collaborator and communicator. The confidence to ask questions to ensure a clear understanding of your brief and strong time management skills
- Games or Film industry experience
- Experience working in both photorealistic and non-photorealistic, "mass-appeal" art styles
- Unity knowledge
- Duration: 15 or 16 weeks depending on your academic calendar. Start date May 2 or May 9 2022
- Mentorship: You'll be working simultaneously with a manager and a mentor to help you develop your skills throughout your internship
- Impact: Our interns are working right alongside full time team members on projects that have a lasting impact on our product and services
- Networking & Development: Learning activities, networking opportunities, and social events take place throughout the summer to enrich your internship experience
- Current students pursuing a relevant university program, returning to their degree program for at least one semester, and graduating in December 2022 or in the year 2023
- Build sketches, storyboards and high-fidelity illustrations to communicate product vision to internal and external partners
- Collaborate with product, design, UX research, and engineering leads to develop, support and refine visuals
- Contribute original Artistic ideas to elevate basic sketches into more polished work
- Expand your experience by working closely with highly experienced Artists
- Support the team where needed to the best of your abilities
Platform for creating & operating interactive, real-time 3D content
Unity's mission is to democratize game development and enable everyone to create rich interactive content.
- Comprehensive health, life, and disability insurances
- Commuting subsidy
- Employee stock ownership
- Comprehensive retirement/pension plans
- Generous vacation and personal days
- Paid leave for new parents
- Wellness and fitness subsidy
- Office food and free snacks, including lots of healthy options!
- Mental health and Wellbeing programs and support
- Employee Resource Groups
- Global Employee Assistance Program
- Training and development programs
- Volunteering and donation matching program
Company Core Values
- Users first - We put users first… they are rock stars and we are their biggest fans. Our shared dedication to users holds us together, defines and aligns our work and drives us to deliver for them.
- Best ideas win - We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We have vigorous debates, we listen and learn, and we make sure the best ideas win. We care enough to go through the pain of messy conversations.
- In it together - We are Citizens of Unity. We act like owners. We’re activists; we have a voice and use it. We’re direct and candid, with good intent. We respect each other’s uniqueness and we’re in it together.
- Go bold - We do bold things. We go big and when we fail, we learn, get better and go big again. We challenge and elevate each other beyond our limits to do what may seem impossible. We stay curious and hungry.