✨ One platform, a whole world of opportunity
Right now, the best jobs are limited to people in a handful of the world’s wealthiest cities, yet brilliant people are everywhere. Driven to overturn the status quo and distribute opportunities equally around the world, Oyster launched its global employment platform to help companies hire, pay, and care for talent anywhere.
When it comes to global employment, we walk the walk. We’re proof that companies don’t need an office to create a highly-engaged culture. Since the company’s inception in January 2020, Oyster has:
🌏 Created a fully-distributed, vibrant team of 500+ employees across 60+ countries
🌈 Established a diverse leadership team and an employee base that’s 60% female
🏆 Achieved one of the highest employee engagement scores in its class
🦄 Raised $150 million in Series C funding at a valuation of over $1 billion!
Our momentum speaks to the power of global employment—and we’re just getting started! If you want to change the world with Oyster and be empowered to work remotely while doing so, we’d love for you to apply!
👩💻 The Role
Location: While this position is posted in a specific location, all of Oyster’s positions are fully remote and you can work from home. Forever.
To create the best experience for our new hire (you?!) this role does require that you are based within +5 / -5 UTC
Our Payroll Operations team is excited to be looking for a manager to lead the build out of our Equity Awards programme management and process development.
Equity awards are a nascent product offering from Oyster; through working closely with product, legal and finance operations teams,this role will be pivotal in building the scalable operational processes required to deliver and execute equity awards for our team members across the globe.
The role offers a candidate the opportunity to build a process from scratch and to be the lead influence on Oyster’s equity awards strategy. Whilst deep-rooted experience of equity awards is not a prerequisite, you will be able to demonstrate knowledge of equity’s complexities and be able to digest the fundamental technicalities of equity awards as they relate to compensation and benefits.
The candidate will have proven experience of leading innovative project and process management in multi-stakeholder scenarios. The role is for an excellent communicator; someone who loves to lead cross-functional collaboration.
What you’ll do…
- Design,own and lead the build-out of processes relating to the delivery and execution of Equity Awards
- Proactively identify and solve problems that impact critical areas of the Equity Awards process, within and outside of the Payroll Operations function
- Be transparent and skilled at communicating complex dynamics pertaining to Equity Awards; creating context to drive alignment and engagement with multiple stakeholders
- Respond to ambiguity in Equity Awards with creativity and innovation
- Integrate customer and community feedback into operational planning, programs or processes around Equity Awards
- Build frameworks and process systems to increase overall team velocity
- Create opportunities for individuals and groups to work together to further organizational objectives relating to Equity Awards
- Opportunity to lead/manage a team of at least 2 direct reports over time
What we are looking for 📜
- 5 years + of relevant experience in project management, programme management, or related discipline (e.g. change management, transformation management)
- A background in Agile Project management or a PMI certification (certification not a prerequisite)
- Knowledge and experience of share based compensation (equity awards) in a global context; potentially through exposure to the following industries:
-People Services (HR Advisory)
-Compensation & Benefits
- Passion, energy, and eagerness to make a significant impact in a highly complex, fast-moving and nascent team member product offering
- Proven ability to lead the building of programmes from a standing start, in the context of high-growth
- Strong leadership skills, ability to influence and steer leadership and senior management
- Highly structured, results driven & eager to make an impact
- Entrepreneurial mindset, self-starter
- Interpersonal skills focused on collaboration, building links and relationships within diverse teams, across organization and outside
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with proven stakeholder management; proactively manages a large amount of stakeholders
- Outstanding problem solving capabilities: ability to break up a complex problem into actionable and easy to understand solutions
🦪 How we work together at Oyster
Our values guide the work we do, the decisions we make, and the culture that makes us special. We elevate talent. 🙌 We build trust. 🤝 We thrive together. 🌍
Our mission is to create a more equal world—one global hire at a time. Everything we do ladders up to our mission—and that doesn’t just mean building software. We develop programs, participate in workshops, and create dedicated teams to ensure we successfully support companies and knowledge workers in this new world of work.
We embrace asynchronous communication and collaborative work—and we share how we work in the Oyster Public HQ —to help other global teams learn from our experiences.
💌 How YOU work
Different countries have different statutory benefits, different cultures have different norms, and different people have different needs! In order to best support and encourage our diverse team, we’ve created How YOU Work; a program of policies, practices, and perks to support your whole human experience as an employee at Oyster.
- Work from anywhere: Oyster is a borderless, HQ-less company. As long as your work gets done on time, your team has the support they need, and you’re authorized to work where you live, the world is truly your Oyster.
- Paid time off: We’re all about taking breaks—we all need it. Oyster provides employees with 40 days off each year, which includes public/bank holidays and vacation/holiday leave (unless your country mandates more).
- Mental health support: We consider your mental health a top priority. We offer access to Plumm, a mental well-being service, to support your mental health.
- Wellbeing allowance: Each month, Oyster will top up your Juno wallet with a wellbeing allowance. Juno Points can be applied to anything that helps you show up to work as your best self, whether that’s your internet bill, a class, gym membership, or houseplants. The choices are endless!
- Flexible parental leave: Families are created in lots of different ways. Our parental leave policy applies to all employees who are becoming parents, regardless of how they become a parent. Oysters are eligible for a minimum of three months of paid parental leave and your job will be held for 12 months (or longer if required by local jurisdiction).
- WFH stipend: $3000 stipend to spend on your laptop and any other equipment you need for your home office; we’ll get you up and running in no time!
✨ The best jobs should be available to everyone
At Oyster, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences and we’ve intentionally built our product and our company with an inclusive, global mindset. We know from experience that people from underrepresented groups often don’t apply for roles they don’t feel they meet all the criteria for. We’re committed to elevating talent by creating a trust-based environment where we can all thrive together. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily check every single box, please consider applying. We’d love to hear how you might contribute to our mission and our team.
Oyster is committed to ensuring equal opportunity of employment for qualified persons with disabilities and actively fosters an inclusive work environment. Please email [email protected] with the subject line: Interview Accommodations if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.