Interior Project Engineer
Posted on 10/20/2021
Irvine, CA, USA
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or equivalent technical degree
- 7+ years experience in automotive product development or project management
- Detailed knowledge of the automotive design and development process, system requirements, and general engineering best practices
- A deep understanding of an automotive Interior including interfacing systems & components
- Knowledge of the materials, processes & technologies used to deliver Interior engineering content
- A system-based approach to design and development with the desire and curiosity to strive for continuous improvement
- A demonstrated ability to solve problems using a first-principle physics based approach
- An eagerness to work cross-functionally in a dynamic environment
- First-class communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively across multiple sites & time zones
- Comfort presenting detailed information to a wide range of audiences
- Excellent time management skills
- Flexibility to travel to launch locations for extended periods as necessary
- The ability to deliver multiple concurrent projects with differing timelines
- Sound commercial and financial awareness
- CATIA V5 proficiency
- Microsoft Office suite proficiency
- Working Hours
- Travel Requirements of Position
- Maintain Key Performance Indicators up to date for weekly functionally reviews
- Maintain issue management log up to date for Interior R1 Derivative Programs
- Escalate critical issues timely to the Sr. Interior Project Manager
- Ensure key elements for the program management fundamentals are established and maintained for all R1 derivative programs for Interior (Scope, Timing, BOM Cost, Investment, Performance, change management, etc)
- Ensure the Interior Engineering team are delivering to the vehicle specification book, features & options list and Color & Material specifications
- Ensure the Interior team works to a common standard & template for the development of all technical specifications, DVP&Rs and DFMEAs Organize Technical Review
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team