Senior Solutions Data Scientist
Posted on 6/28/2022
Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Degree in computer science, engineering, statistics, computational linguistics, or another quantitative field
- Experience developing and deploying software in a production environment
- Python experience
- Hands-on experience with machine learning and NLP tools and libraries such as Numpy, Scipy, Scikit-learn, SpaCy, NLTK, Tensorflow, Keras and PyTorch
- Understanding of NLP topics, including event and topic detection, named entity extraction, relation extraction, text classification and sentiment analysis models
- Ability to think about solutions from a customer perspective, establish conceptual connections between requirements and solutions
- Hands-on experience with a cloud services provider
- Strong communication skills - you'll be the face of Primer to customers
- Active United Kingdom Security Clearance
- Direct experience deploying software into a Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services
- Experience working on an Agile development team
- Experience working with Elasticsearch
- Experience working in a customer success role
- Hands-on experience deploying software leveraging container and orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Linux proficiency - you'll need to know your way around a Linux shell in order to run our software
- Full-stack development skills (including front-end)
Primer is on a mission to build the education experience kids deserve, and deliver it to every kid. Offering an accessible, world-class education to millions of kids is one of the highest leverage things technology can do.
- Health - Medical, Dental (including adult orthodontics), Vision & More
- Mental Health - Enhanced Mental Health Benefits through Ginger
- Time Off - Flexible and unlimited PTO - we trust you to take time off when you need to
- Parental Leave - 100% paid parental leave - 18 weeks for birthing parents, and 8 weeks for non-birthing parents
- Equity - Company equity plan - we want you to have a meaningful stake in Primer's success
- Retirement - Low-fee 401(k) plan to save for your future
- Volunteering - 20 hours per year for volunteering
- Stipends - Book and home office stipends
- Always Human - We are a company of humans, for humans. We respect and support each other’s humanity, in gestures big and small, bringing love and levity to even our most challenging moments. We act with humility, embrace diversity, and put our trust in each other.
- Creating Legacy - We believe in building something of deep, lasting impact. We live for those achievements so special that you can’t wait to tell a loved one, but we know getting there takes persistence, a growth mindset, a tolerance for failure, and a shared sense of purpose.
- Constantly Curious - We believe that curiosity leads us to deeper truths, and that the deepest truths lie hidden in the hardest puzzles. Those are the puzzles worth solving. We take great joy and pride in doing so, and in doing so first.
- Obsessed with Better - We believe that every detail counts. No matter what we’re working on, we are obsessed with getting better, faster, and more advanced. We want everything we craft to be crafted — to feel crafted — particularly to our users. Merely okay is not okay.
- Keeping Promises - We know that only what we deliver will have an impact. So we live to ship, and we ship on time. We take pride in keeping our commitments to each other and to our users, delivering continuously with an insatiable focus on the future.
- Customers to Champions - Adding value to customers is everything to our growth. If we focus on delivering value vs. fulfilling line items on a spreadsheet, then we’ll succeed. No question.