Senior Software Engineer
Site Reliability Engineering, Platform Services, Boston or Denver
Updated on 3/28/2023
Dorchester, Boston, MA, USA
- Python, Django, Celery
- MySQL, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, Redis, Pulsar
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, Aurora, etc.), Kubernetes on EKS
- Knowledge of Linux operating systems and computer networking
- Experience writing code in a programming language such as Python, Ruby, Go, etc
- Experience administering cloud-based infrastructure (e.g. AWS)
- Ability to troubleshoot production issues related to computer infrastructure, configuration, monitoring, deployments, and continuous integration and delivery
- Ability and willingness to learn
- Ability to communicate clearly and mentor and coach others on a team
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation
- Building application level services for product development teams. Database, routing tooling
- Biggest project in 2023: (chariot) Building a highly scaled asynchronous processing framework. Talk about how most of Klaviyo compute is asynchronous. We are building a framework on top of Apache Pulsar and pushing it further than most other companies. We expect to see millions of events per second. Opp to work on/build extremely high scale async processing framework
- Ship foundational services to enable Klaviyo engineering to move faster with confidence
- Design and develop systems and processes that enable highly available & scalable systems
- Design, build and deliver software to dramatically improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Klaviyo's services
- Achieve break-throughs in systems throughput by identifying and eliminating bottlenecks
- Leverage technology such as Python, AWS, Django, Kubernetes, Bash, Terraform, MySQL, RabbitMQ, Redis, Cassandra, Postgresql to advance Klaviyo's platform
- Champion best practices by actively collaborating with other teams in a culture that values whiteboarding and technical design review
- Contribute to the company as a subject matter expert in multiple areas, constantly pushing yourself to be a better engineer and to level up all of your peers within your team and within Klaviyo
- Mentor and pair with other Klaviyo engineers to build better software by focusing on performance, self-healing system, configuration as code; defensive programming, application security, etc
- Participate in periodic on call duties with a focus on solving issues when they are discovered, preventing recurrences and minimizing alert fatigue
- Prototype and advocate for architectural improvements to achieve breakthrough results in Klaviyo systems' operational scalability and reliability
- Work hand-in-hand with product-facing engineers to ship impactful code
- Perform quantitative investigation to understand and scale Klaviyo systems and manage the cross-functional effort to resolve scalability issues
- Produce and advocate for preventative, upstream solutions with internal stakeholders and external vendors and dependencies
- Confidently make informed, data-driven choices in a fast paced environment with competing priorities
Growth marketing customer platform
Klaviyo's missions is to help companies retain customers and maximize their ROI. Klaviyo’s data–proven customer platform allows companies to send relevant, well–timed emails and SMS that increase lifetime values.
Company Core Values
- We always put our customers first.
- We are always learning.
- We strive to make the world more equitable.
- We collaborate radically.
- We are ambitious.
- We are remarkable.