Super Heavy Booster
Posted on 4/12/2022
Brownsville, TX, USA • West Athens, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline
- Experience with CAD and FEA software packages
- 1+ years of experience with mechanical/electromechanical design and analysis (internship or project team experience is applicable)
- Master's degree in engineering or a related technical discipline
- 3+ years of professional experience in mechanical design and analysis
- 2+ years of hands-on project experience with complex mechanical systems, preferably as a lead
- Solid understanding and application of GD&T
- Demonstrated understanding of structural analysis and failure modes of complex mechanical systems
- Self-motivated with strong organizational, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel to Starbase, TX up to 25% of the time
- Flight hardware typically is built in tight quarters and physical dexterity is required
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Drive hardware development for SpaceX's next generation rocket from basic architecture through the design, analysis, prototype, test, and manufacturing phases
- Build skills in the design and manufacturing of mechanisms, actuation systems, fluid systems, and composite and metallic structures
- Work closely with analysists to develop thermal, vibration, and loading requirements and with manufacturing engineers to optimize designs for rapid manufacturability
- Own product delivery timeline through conception, design, assembly and launch
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.