Sr. Software Engineer - Front End
Posted on 4/7/2022
Seattle, WA, USA • San Francisco, CA, USA • Austin, TX, USA • San Jose, CA...
- 8 years of related experience with a technical Bachelor's degree in Computer Science; or equivalent practical experience
- Skillful on developing and working with thoughtfully designed HTTP APIs, such as REST or GraphQL
- Skillful on test-driven development, developing different levels of automated tests, such as unit test, functional test, integration test, system test, or performance / load test
- Familiar with CI/CD, such as Jenkins, GitLab CI, or Bitbucket pipeline
- Familiar with modern version control system, such as Git
- Familiar with development on multiple operating systems, such as Linux or Unix
- Able to learn new technologies quickly
- Capable of coordinating and mentoring the junior members in the team
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Understand the business use cases and contribute to product direction by prototyping innovative ideas
- Identify opportunities for engineering productivity improvements and evangelize these successfully
- Regularly lead design and code reviews, and participate in architecture discussions
- Develop and own moderate complexity features or sub-systems
- Break down a complex task and estimate sprint sized software work
- Design for testability. Automate effective test cases, and make vital test framework improvements as required
- Consider subsystem reusability, modularity, and scaling as part of design
- Spend most of the time developing code, and efficiently produces elegant, clean and re-usable code with no unnecessary complication or abstraction
- Help with feature or sub-system design/code reviews
Data management & visualization platform
Splunk's mission is to address the challenges and opportunities of managing massive streams of machine-generated big data. Splunk is the leading software platform for machine data that enables customers to gain real-time Operational Intelligence.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plans for regular, full-time U.S. employees — choose the best plans for you and your family. Plus: Health Savings Account (HSA), Life insurance and survivor benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Business travel and accident insurance, Voluntary Critical Illness & Hospital Indemnity
- Eligible employees enjoy: 401(k) Plan with a company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Equity awards, Bonus or commission program
- We support you and your family: Paid parental leave, Mother rooms and wellness rooms, Family Planning
- Your work/life balance is important to us, that's why we offer: 16 company holidays, 15 vacation days, 10 sick days, 10 bereavement days, 5 volunteer days
- Ensuring our employees' success goes beyond insurance plans: Education reimbursement, Electric car charging stations, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Stocked kitchens, Gym discounts/onsite fitness centers, Pet insurance discount, Student loan resources, Cool workspace with collaborative environments, 529 College Savings Plan
- Innovative: We’re passionate about our customer success. We keep our energy laser-focused on giving our customers the best possible and most trustworthy experience, driven ultimately by integrity. After all, we’d be nothing without them.
- Open: We never stop learning or striving to create a positive impact. The work we do matters. We innovate at warp speed to disrupt the world's notion of what’s possible.
- Disruptive: We are humble and value openness and honesty. We speak our truths mindfully and in consideration of others. Candor is cool - respect is required.
- Fun: We embrace the ride (preferably in a Splunk t-shirt). We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We weave an irreverent and infectious sense of fun into everything we do.
- Passionate: We cultivate an inclusive environment where all backgrounds are celebrated. Striving for equity and embracing our individual uniqueness is our secret sauce. And it will only make us stronger.
- #WeAreSplunk: We represent many functions and regions but are one team. We value each other's efforts and moonshot ideas. And we celebrate highs, and learn from lows, together. We trust and rely on each other. Remember: There’s no “I” in Splunk.