Patient Care Coordinator (Remote in Louisiana)
Posted on 5/20/2022
New Orleans, LA, USA • Lafayette, LA, USA • Baton Rouge, LA, USA
- Bachelor's or equivalent degree
- Minimum of 1 year of professional experience in or close to case management
- Exhibit a knowledge and understanding of HEDIS and STAR quality measures and ratings
- Knowledge of community resources in applicable geographic areas
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment which includes multi-tasking, prioritizing, and process-building with ambiguity
- Familiarity working with and analyzing patient and quality data (e.g. Excel)
- Can navigate a matrixed organization with complex operations well - e.g. multiple systems, multi-step processes, multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Provide outreach and coordination services such as: proactive outreach to identify social behavioral and medical needs; answering patient calls; facilitating subspecialty and imaging appointments, including transportation as needed; referrals and prior authorizations
- Ability to assess and identify patient's social determinants of health, such as housing, transportation, and access to nutritious food, to gain insight into how they may impact closing patient care gaps; work to coordinate services as needed to mitigate barriers
- Identification of high-risk patients, which includes the subpopulation of patients with multiple, chronic comorbidities, through varying methods such as collaboration with Heal Doctors clinical teams, patients' caregivers, family and patients' health plans
- Collaborate with case managers at Heal Doctors' contracted health plans to ensure attributed members receive timely, hassle-free access to medically necessary care
- Execute on routine and proactive follow up with patients discharged from the hospital or emergency department
- Monitor patient care gaps and work 1:1 with Heal providers to schedule services needed to close open gaps that will improve Heal's STAR rating and assist patients in obtaining the best health outcomes
- Provide motivational interviewing, literature, and resources as needed to support behavioral change
- Maintain accurate and complete documentation of all care coordination services and ensure notes are entered into the EMR contemporaneously with services
- Educate Heal's Patient Support and Provider Operations teams on internal policies and protocols and other best practices relating to coordinating patient care
- Work cross functionally with Heal Doctors' clinical teams and Heal's technology team to design practices and processes that incorporate Heal technology and assist in proactive, medically appropriate follow-up with high-risk patients
With their unique ability to see all aspects of patients' lives, Heal will improve health outcomes, strengthen provider-patient relationships, and make primary healthcare affordable and accessible, because everyone deserves to Heal.
- Work from home remote opportunities
- Three weeks paid vacation
- Employer paid comprehensive health plans
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k)
- Six weeks parental leave
- FSA plans and employer paid
- Short Term Disability
- Relationship-Focused - We practice what we preach. Seamless communication comes from building healthy and trustworthy relationships with our teammates and patients.
- Patient-First - Our patients give us purpose. Patient-care, repairing the healthcare system, and providing an improved quality of life to all is our aspiration.
- Do The Right Thing - We are open, honest and act with integrity in every situation. We prioritize the safety of all the personal information and data across our platform.
- Innovation-Infused - We see beyond the horizon and believe in a brighter future through the power of technology. We always seek new solutions and are open to try new things.
- Empathy - Heal was born from the understanding of the need for comprehensive, quality, and convenient healthcare. Empathy is woven into the fabric of who we are as we demonstrate interest, care and concern for others.