Software Engineer, Metrics Platform (Remote)
Posted on 2/1/2022
- Experience building and maintaining curated production data pipelines with data governance processes in place
- Experience with data pipelines and data warehousing solutions, such as Big Query and Snowflake
- Experience with job orchestration frameworks, such as Airflow
- Experience working with SQL or NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with software engineering development cycles
- Experience working with backend programming languages (Java, Kotlin, Python)
- Ability to hold yourself and the team to high standards
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Design, validate and implement robust curated data pipelines that serves as canonical references for all teams across Brex
- Design and build a user-friendly data quality platform and a data tagging framework so data scientists, analytics and engineers can easily deploy tests and understand sensitivity and context of data available
- Design and improve in-house replication framework, and vendor solutions for data ingestion
- Advocate and maintain data documentation coverage to increase the effectiveness of Brex's internal data catalog
- Work closely with analysts and data scientists to deeply understand business problems and be a guiding voice in data solutions
- Maintain a strong data driven culture within the company by interacting with diverse internal functions
- Experience with using data tagging solutions or building it from scratch
- Experience with using data quality solutions or building it from scratch
- Strong writing skills
- Proactive approach
- Experience as a project lead
Credit cards & financial services for startups
The Brex mission is to reimagine financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. The company is building the financial OS to integrate the services and software startups need as they grow.
- Self-care. Health, dental, and vision; One Medical; Spring Health mental wellbeing; Calm membership.
- Money. Competitive compensation with a biannual merit cycle, equity, 401(k) plan, and more.
- Rest. Unlimited PTO if full-time, paid holidays, company weeks off, and parental leave.
- Freedom. Remote-first, team and company offsites, monthly stipend, and one-time office setup budget.
- Dream big
- One Brex
- Inspire customer love
- Growth mindset
- Impatient optimism