Tax Senior/Supervising Senior
Private Equity Group
Updated on 3/17/2023
Irvine, CA, USA
- 3+ years of experience depending on relevant work experience
- Private equity tax compliance experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related major required
- Passed all 4 sections of the CPA Exam and has met the requirements to obtain their CPA license
- Strong technical aptitude and communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Has proven experience in leading and supervising a team
- Review federal and multi-state income tax returns or private equity entities and/or private equity family office
- Prepare more complex client work and delegate entry level work to staff accountants
- Take ownership and organize workflow of client engagements, ensuring filing deadlines are met
- Identify tax issues and propose strategies to resolve them
- Research technical tax information
- Respond to and prepare correspondences to tax authorities
- Responsible for meeting engagement timelines and budget guidelines, and provide job status to partners, managers, and client personnel in a timely manner
- Develop strong relationships with firm professionals and clients
- Supervise and manage expectations of engagement teams, staff accountants and/or interns on your teams
- Coach and provide feedback to junior team members
- Effectively utilize and train others on firm tax preparation software
- Participate in staff and senior level trainings
- Ensure high quality of work product
HCVT's mission is to enhance and improve the firm's retention and advancement of women by leading women of all career stages to connect, grow, and achieve professional and personal success.
- Health and Wellness
- Learning and Development
- Reward Employees
- Work and Life Integration
Company Core Values
- Integrity at our Core - We hold ourselves to the highest standards to earn the trust of the public, our clients, and our team.
- Building Success Together - The foundation of our success is working as a team. By collaborating, we provide our clients with exceptional service aligned with their needs.
- Passion for Excellence - We deliver excellence. We embrace continuous learning and development of our skills so that together, we get smarter every year.
- Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion - We are committed to an inclusive work environment that embraces and respects individuals regardless of their race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, or disability.