Hipcamp is looking for a Sr. Analytics Engineer to join our distributed Engineering team. The ideal candidate has 5+ years of experience working on data architecture initiatives in a cloud data warehouse. If you’re passionate about designing great data ecosystems and would like to work in a fast-paced startup with a great mission, then we want you!
About the Role
In this role, you will work with analytics, data science, product and business operations to define simple and effective data products. You will strive to build self-serve, trusted and highly organized data sets that unlock insights and drive critical decision-making.
Learn more about our company values here
Hipcamp unlocks access to private land, creating new places for people to get outside and go camping, glamping, or RV’ing. We believe that spending time in nature is essential to a happy and healthy human life, and we are deeply passionate about our mission to get more people outside. We are proud of the impact Hipcamp creates by making nature more accessible, providing income to support the protection of private land, and creating community across the urban rural divide.
As an Engineering team, we believe programming is a practice like yoga or surfing. It is a skill that can be eternally improved, an art form so infinitely complex that it cannot be mastered. We encourage team members to continue learning and exploring their curiosities. We like to deploy features early and often, learning as much as we can in the process. The foundation of our blameless culture is trust in our engineers.
- Design a simple and effective data warehouse for all data consumers
- Ensure trust by ensuring data quality via automation
- Enable self-service data discovery through naming conventions, documentation and self-serve guides
- Collaborate with data stakeholders and make things they love to use
- Mentor others on data design and retrieval best practices
- Ensure data privacy and regulatory compliance standards are met
- Champion engineering initiatives necessary to ensure a great data ecosystem by going all the way back to the source
- Design a scalable data support program
- 5+ years in a similar role
- Expert SQL data modeling skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
About our Work Environment
Compensation will be a mix of salary and stock options. It will be highly competitive compared to similar-stage companies. The estimated base salary for this position is $140,000 - $175,000 a year.
Health is essential to happiness. In addition to full health insurance, all team members receive $1K in Hipcash because we believe getting outside is excellent preventative medicine in addition to increasing your creativity, lowering your stress, and making you an overall more awesome human.
We focus on results, not hours. We believe that clearly defined goals combined with great people, empowerment, and autonomy create the best results. We feel confident that inclusive and diverse teams working on an important cause can accomplish extraordinary things.
Hipcamp is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.