Data Developer Intern / Stagiaire développeur(euse) de données
Posted on 2/1/2022
Montreal, QC, Canada
Google Cloud Platform
- A candidate with a passion for data, and building tools that will be used by many teams
- A strong self-starter, confident in using their initiative to drive projects forward, and strong communication, organizational and collaboration skills
- Someone passionate about learning new technologies and who is willing to experiment with the latest technologies to find innovative software solutions
- Experience with Go, Scala, Python or other modern programming languages
- Experience with version control systems like Git and Unit testing frameworks
- Experience with cloud computing (GCP, AWS or Azure)
- Experience with Apache Airflow
- Experience in data technologies like Spark, Big query, Hadoop
- Duration: 15 or 16 weeks depending on your academic calendar. Start date May 2 or May 9 2022
- Mentorship: You'll be working simultaneously with a manager and a mentor to help you develop your skills throughout your internship
- Impact: Our interns are working right alongside full time team members on projects that have a lasting impact on our product and services
- Networking & Development: Learning activities, networking opportunities, and social events take place throughout the summer to enrich your internship experience
- Current students pursuing a relevant university program, returning to their degree program for at least one semester, and graduating in December 2022 or in the year 2023
- Build, scale, and maintain data processing tools to empower analytics ability for end-users with billions of daily events into our data warehouses, customer-facing dashboard, data science, and analytics systems
- Explore available technologies and design solutions to continuously improve our data quality, workflow reliability, scalability while reporting performance and capabilities
- Work closely with the Unity Engine, Ads, Analytics, and Game Services teams worldwide
- Work with exciting modern software systems and technologies such as Apache Airflow, Kubernetes, Docker, Google Cloud Platform, Jenkins
Platform for creating & operating interactive, real-time 3D content
Unity's mission is to democratize game development and enable everyone to create rich interactive content.
- Comprehensive health, life, and disability insurances
- Commuting subsidy
- Employee stock ownership
- Comprehensive retirement/pension plans
- Generous vacation and personal days
- Paid leave for new parents
- Wellness and fitness subsidy
- Office food and free snacks, including lots of healthy options!
- Mental health and Wellbeing programs and support
- Employee Resource Groups
- Global Employee Assistance Program
- Training and development programs
- Volunteering and donation matching program
Company Core Values
- Users first - We put users first… they are rock stars and we are their biggest fans. Our shared dedication to users holds us together, defines and aligns our work and drives us to deliver for them.
- Best ideas win - We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We have vigorous debates, we listen and learn, and we make sure the best ideas win. We care enough to go through the pain of messy conversations.
- In it together - We are Citizens of Unity. We act like owners. We’re activists; we have a voice and use it. We’re direct and candid, with good intent. We respect each other’s uniqueness and we’re in it together.
- Go bold - We do bold things. We go big and when we fail, we learn, get better and go big again. We challenge and elevate each other beyond our limits to do what may seem impossible. We stay curious and hungry.