Quality Engineering Manager
Posted on 11/30/2022
New York, NY, USA
- Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience
- A strong technology background delivering or testing software as an individual contributor or manager
- Communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Demonstrated strong experience in effective test planning and execution
- Demonstrated strong experience in delivering high quality test infrastructure/harnesses against products or services
- Able to communicate technical concepts simply and successfully, to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You'll exhibit best behavior and exemplify our company behaviors
- Demonstrable strong experience of testing in service-oriented architectures and understanding data flow through such systems
- You can demonstrate/illustrate an understanding of relatively advanced solution architecture including system design, data design, and data flow
- Functional knowledge of a development language such as Python, Java or C#
- Understanding of agile methodologies and how they are applied in software development
- Proven clear and confident communication skills
- 2+ years of experience as manager of a Quality or Software delivery team
- You coordinate Quality Engineers (QEs) and Quality Analysts (QAs) to testing projects across Fantasy product developments
- Report UAT progress, status, risks, and issues to the Product Team, Project team and other stakeholders
- You are accountable for the team's structure, operating model, test infrastructure, and strategic direction
- You set up your team to offer a wide range of risk mitigation techniques that span across pre-production and post-production testing and apply these appropriately
- You keep abreast across a vertical's roadmaps, how these breaks down across teams and you find a balance between influencing and soliciting requirements, with Software Engineering managers peers, on best course of action for test strategies
- You ensure that there are appropriately detailed and concise test plans for large or higher risk development projects
- You influence appropriately detailed and concise test results artifacts for manual and automated runs
- You establish structures that enable your team to solve complex problems and deliver a wide range of lean testing infrastructure for development teams to utilize and even contribute to
- You drive the simplification and optimization of project delivery. You structure efforts to reduce your team's exposure to classic failure models (e.g., requirements not sufficiently understood, ineffective team collaboration, long-term impact(s) from the use of third-party technologies, insufficient testing)
- You support the adoption of high-quality engineering practices. You know the level of deferred maintenance for every part of test infrastructure owned by your team
- Responsible for taking part in the recruitment process identifying the best candidates and providing a great candidate experience
Fantasy sports and online U.S. sportsbook
Fanduel is on a mission to make sports more exciting. The company provides a daily fantasy sports platform with a range of game types for players with a guaranteed prize pool for the winners.
- From peer-to-peer learning to industry conferences, there are a number of ways to develop your career
- From your head to your toes we’ve got you covered with our 100% health insurance coverage
- We keep a well-stocked supply of snacks and refreshments to keep you going throughout the day
- Flexible hours and vacation scheduling let you work when you’re at your best
- We provide the latest tech and equipment, you get the job done
Company Core Values
- We’re not just a company, we’re a collective. And we’re not just coworkers, we’re a community.
- We’re an all-hands-on-deck crew of dreamers, doers, thinkers, makers, builders, breakers, and rebuilders.
- We value teamwork above all else.
- We believe that diversity and inclusiveness are at the core of any good team.
- Passion for building a product our customers will love, passion for being the best in our field, and passion for our own people.