Sr. Staff Technical Program Manager
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Irvine, CA, USA
- Passionate about electric vehicles and the execution of cutting-edge technology
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Masters' Degree (Preferred)
- 10+ years' experience on in product development
- Design Release Experience preferred
- Experience leading small teams of technical or program professionals
- Experience with autonomous vehicle compute systems, sensors, and vehicle integration is preferred
- A track record of successfully delivering large scale, complex, cross-functional and capital-intensive projects. Experience is preferred within automotive domain or to have demonstrated outstanding skills from an adjacent and relevant industry
- Existing pedigree and success in customer/partner environment
- An ability to challenge existing assumptions, concepts, and beliefs to develop new methods
- Strong communication skills and the ability to influence, inspire and build a culture that comes together to over deliver
- Understanding of engineering theory, manufacturing techniques and principles of operation of mechanical/electrical systems from both a hardware and software perspective
- Able to work efficiently and demonstrate composure under high amount of pressure
- Team Leadership - Lead the Chassis Technical Program Management team on specified programs
- Engineering Critical Path - ensuring all programs have timelines to manage critical path. Ensuring the drumbeat of chassis development is being driven based on the aligned timeline and actively derisking the critical path
- Risk Management - working with the chassis team to identify program risks, mitigation plans, and escalation before risks are realized. Communicating with vehicle level teams and ensuring alignment on the route forward. This is constantly evolving throughout the entire program
- Issue Management - ensuring issues are identified and resolved effectively throughout the program and issues are burned down before moving to more complex phases of the program
- Scope Management - understanding and communicating program goals to the chassis team and decomposing them into a technical solution
- Change Management - align on change management content and that the changes are necessary and then ensure high quality change execution when change is agreed
- Targets Management - iterate with chassis team and vehicle lines on Budget targets, BOM cost, mass, feature targets, and then ensure the teams are achieving targets, help resolve issues, escalate roadblocks, and spot icebergs that would prevent targets from being achieved
- Technical Integration at all levels - act as the glue between the teams to ensure there is cross collaboration, trade offs being made across the teams, and issues escalated
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team