Senior Backend Engineer
Posted on 12/3/2022
Toronto, ON, Canada
- 5+ years of experience developing internet-scale software, preferably in infrastructure roles
- Prior experience provisioning, operating, and administering storage infrastructure at scale
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages; Python, Go, Rust, Java, C++
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with a service-oriented team and company
- Work collaboratively with a team of software engineers and systems engineers to create and maintain the foundational platform for running Reddit's infrastructure
- Design, write, and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Reddit's products
- Contribute feedback to the technical and strategic direction of the storage platform
- Build and maintain the data storage platform that supports all of Reddit
- Prior experience with cloud infrastructure systems is a plus (Kubernetes, AWS / GCE ecosystems)
Social news website & forum
Reddit's mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. The company operates a social news website and forum where content is socially curated by members.
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible unlimited vacation days & monthly global wellness days
- Family planning funds & 4+ months paid parental leave
- Personal & professional development funds
- Paid volunteer time off
- Workspace & home office benefits
Company Core Values
- Evolve: Only by continually improving and learning will we succeed.
- Add Value: We constantly evaluate our work to ensure it’s adding value and bringing us closer to achieving our mission. It’s easy to fall into the trap of conflating activity with value. Adding value requires hard work, but not all hard work is valuable.
- Default: Open The free flow of ideas and feedback is the lifeblood of a healthy organization, and Reddit must embrace it if we are to thrive.