Headquartered in New York City, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a leading developer, publisher, and marketer of interactive entertainment for consumers around the globe. The Company develops and publishes products principally through Rockstar Games, 2K, Private Division, and Zynga. Our products are currently designed for console gaming systems, PC, and Mobile, including smartphones and tablets, and are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms, and cloud streaming services. The Company’s common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO.
While our offices (physical and virtual) are casual and inviting, we are deeply committed to our core tenets of creativity, innovation and efficiency, and individual and team development opportunities. Our industry and business are continually evolving and fast-paced, providing numerous opportunities to learn and hone your skills. We work hard, but we also like to have fun, and believe that we provide a great place to come to work each day to pursue your passions.
We are looking for a motivated and quality focused Senior Data Engineer to join our Data Engineering team to design, build, and maintain reliable and scalable data pipelines.
The ideal candidate is a strong Python developer equally comfortable with writing code and helping business teams understand data. A self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, ability to think big (while paying careful attention to detail) and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Design, develop and maintain high-capacity and scalable data pipelines.
- Design, develop and maintain API based or file based ETL/ELT processes for raw data collection from multiple sources.
- Collaborate with other data engineers, data scientists and business intelligence engineers to build data solutions.
- Provide thought leadership and collaborate with other team members to continue to scale our architecture to evolve for the needs of tomorrow.
- Develop and support continuous integrations build and deployment processes using Jenkins, Docker, Git, etc.
- Define and implement monitoring and alerting policies for data solutions.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in Python.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in using advanced SQL queries and writing/optimizing highly efficient SQL queries.
- 2+ years of experience integrating with 3rd party APIs is required.
- 2+ years of experience of working in AWS environment is required.
- Comfortable working with business customers to collect requirements and gain a deep understanding of varied business domains.
- Experienced in testing and monitoring data for anomalies and rectifying them.
- Knowledge of software coding practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in an engineering or technical field such as Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics, Engineering, or similar.
- Python (required)
- SQL (required)
- Git (required)
- Developing solutions using Docker (required)
- Data modeling for data warehousing (required)
- Spark (nice to have)
- Developing microservices (nice to have)
What We Offer You:
- Great Company Culture. Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth: As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, to be inquisitive and collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, company parties, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits. Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks. Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
The pay range for this position in New York City at the start of employment is expected to be between $141,600 and $161,800 per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an ’at-will position’ and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.