Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Develops defense, intelligence, and cyber technology solutions
Research Innovations Inc. (RII) is a distinguished leader in the defense, intelligence, and cyber sectors, providing advanced solutions to U.S. Government and select international customers. The company's strength lies in its user-centered design and agile development methods, which enable it to deliver cutting-edge technology solutions in areas like Joint Command and Control, Mobile Computing, and Cyberspace. RII's culture encourages curiosity and creativity, fostering an environment where talented individuals can thrive and contribute to the company's mission of making the world safer.
AI & Machine Learning
Data & Analytics
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 3%
1 year growth↑ 13%
2 year growth↑ 45%
Melbourne, FL, USA
- Active US Secret security clearance
- Proficient understanding of wireless networking and associated security protocols
- Strong grasp of legacy exploit mitigations and bypass techniques
- In-depth knowledge of security and network fundamentals
- Programming experience with both scripted and compiled languages
- Familiarity with low-level architectures
- Experience with operating system internals and implementations
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Conducting in-depth reverse engineering and vulnerability analysis
- Researching and analyzing operating system and application internals
- Developing and enhancing functionality
- Modeling and analyzing in-memory compiled application behavior
- Developing and understanding mobile/embedded systems and kernel modules
- Participating actively in the Vulnerability Research mentorship program
- Experience with vulnerability research and reverse engineering of real-time operating systems
- Bachelor's or postgraduate degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with software protection and binary armoring techniques
- Proficiency in agile development methodologies
- Familiarity with low-level iOS/Android development
- Knowledge of hypervisors and their security implications
- Proficiency in malware analysis
- Experience with constraint solving techniques
- Background in machine learning
Research Innovations, Inc. (RII) is breaking through the big, slow, status quo with transformative technology that fundamentally changes and improves the world. We develop cutting-edge software for all levels of the government and military. Using agile development practices and user-centered design, we create innovative software solutions for complex real-world problems.
We are seeking a dedicated Vulnerability Researcher to join our Cyber Security team. As a Vulnerability Researcher at RII, you will play a pivotal role in solving unique and challenging problems for our esteemed Defense and Homeland Security customers. This position requires a proactive mindset, deep technical expertise in vulnerability research, reverse engineering, and exploit mitigations/bypasses, and a drive to live one of our core values: Get s#!t done.
This position requires an active US Secret security clearance.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Conducting in-depth reverse engineering and vulnerability analysis across various architectures and platforms, including x86/64, ARM, PowerPC, and more
- Researching and analyzing operating system and application internals, identifying and understanding security strengths and weaknesses of those systems
- Developing and enhancing functionality by adding features and capabilities to undocumented interfaces
- Modeling and analyzing in-memory compiled application behavior to identify potential vulnerabilities and improve security measures
- Developing and understanding mobile/embedded systems and kernel modules, particularly related to vulnerability research
- Participating actively in our extensive Vulnerability Research mentorship program, sharing knowledge and collaborating with colleagues
WHAT YOU HAVE DONE
- Proficient understanding of wireless networking and associated security protocols, such as Wi-Fi (802.11), Bluetooth, or cellular networks (2G/3G/4G/5G). Familiarity with common vulnerabilities and attack vectors in wireless communication
- Strong grasp of legacy exploit mitigations and bypass techniques, including but not limited to Address Space Layout Randomization (ASLR), Data Execution Prevention (DEP/NX), Stack Cookies (Canaries), and Control Flow Integrity (CFI). Experience in identifying and circumventing these security measures
- In-depth knowledge of both security and network fundamentals, such as cryptography, authentication, access control, and network protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, HTTP, etc.). Understanding the security implications and potential vulnerabilities associated with these concepts
- Programming experience with both scripted languages (preferably Python3) and compiled languages (preferably C). Ability to write efficient and secure code for vulnerability research and exploit development purposes
- Familiarity with low-level architectures such as x86, ARM, or MIPS. Understanding the underlying principles, instruction sets, and memory models of these architectures for vulnerability identification and analysis
- Experience with operating system internals and implementations, including Windows, Linux, or macOS. Knowledge of system structures, process management, memory management, and security mechanisms at the kernel level
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to effectively convey complex technical concepts and interact with customers and team members alike
- Experience with vulnerability research and reverse engineering of real-time operating systems (RTOS), such as FreeRTOS, QNX, or VxWorks. Understanding the unique security challenges and attack vectors specific to RTOS environments
- Bachelor’s or postgraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- Experience with software protection and binary armoring techniques, such as anti-debugging, code obfuscation, or tamper resistance. Understanding the methods employed to protect software from reverse engineering and vulnerability discovery
- Proficiency in agile development methodologies, including Scrum or Kanban, for efficient collaboration and iterative development in a cybersecurity context
- Familiarity with low-level iOS/Android development and associated security considerations, such as jailbreaking or rooting, application sandboxing, or secure interprocess communication (IPC)
- Knowledge of hypervisors and their security implications, including virtualization-based security, guest escape vulnerabilities, or hypervisor-based rootkits
- Proficiency in malware analysis, including static and dynamic analysis techniques, behavioral analysis, and code deobfuscation. Experience in identifying and analyzing malware samples to understand their capabilities and potential vulnerabilities
- Experience with constraint solving techniques, such as symbolic execution, theorem proving, or model checking, for vulnerability identification, verification, and exploit generation
- Background in machine learning, particularly in the context of vulnerability analysis and detection, such as using ML techniques to identify patterns in code or analyze network traffic for anomaly detection
At RII, we believe that diversity in our workforce is critical to our success. We strive to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger. We work to help your intellectual passions and creativity thrive. It’s one of our core values: Let your geek flag fly.
We also offer all employees comprehensive benefits including: flexible work schedules, health insurance coverage, paid time off, 401k with a company match, paid parental leave, access to wellness programs and much more. You get this all from day one, and all paid for by RII.
It’s all part of another of our core values: Stay human. It’s why our comfortable and colorful offices such as our headquarters, include a community game room, pantry, massage chair, and an escape room, among other amenities. It’s why we have community managers and regular community events.
Research Innovations, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, disability status, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.