Licensed Behavioral Health Care Manager ($10,000 Sign On Bonus, Remote)
at Pair Team
About Pair Team
Pair Team is on a mission to improve the wellbeing of underserved communities through increased access to high-quality care.
We are the first tech-enabled care team that empowers safety-net primary care systems and the Medicaid & Medicare patients they serve. We act as an extension of the clinical staff to provide a personalized, high-touch care experience while addressing patients’ barriers to care such as lack of transportation, housing/food insecurity, and mobile phone access. Internally, we are building a unique care delivery platform to ensure clinical best practices, integrate care with community-based organizations, and automate administrative work so that we can focus on time with our patients.
- Trust: We consistently strive to earn the trust of our patients and their families, our clinic partners, and our teammates.
- Growth: We grow together – as a company and as individuals.
- Accountability: We act like owners and take pride in our work.
- Act beyond yourself: Our vision and impact goes beyond ourselves and so must our actions.
About the Opportunity
Pair Team is building a team of deeply passionate individuals ready to change primary care operations for those who need it most. We are looking for a highly motivated full-time Behavioral Health Care Manager who is willing to think creatively and empathically to help our team change the way people access healthcare.
The Behavioral Health Care Manager will play a critical role in our whole-person, interdisciplinary care model by providing mental health resources and therapeutic interventions for individuals living with Serious Mental Illness, Substance Use Disorder, experiencing homelessness, and/or those who have high medical needs. The Behavioral Health Care Manager will work in a team-based model with a lead care manage, community health worker, registered nurse care manager, and nurse practitioner to contribute their expertise towards improving the individual’s quality of life through evidence-based behavioral interventions.
- Primarily work with and support enrolled individuals who struggle with severe mental illness or substance use disorders
- Use evidence-based approaches to provide short-term interventions and behavioral activation strategies throughout the individual’s participation in ECM
- Use evidence-based approaches to provide intermediary interventions as a bridge to community supports and referrals
- Provide brief crisis intervention techniques and warm hand-offs to local crisis resources as needed
- Seek to listen openly to individuals and meets them where they are – understanding that adopting an “it’s not my fault but it is my problem” attitude in all communication styles and approaches
- Assist with linkage to ongoing behavioral health treatment upon individual’s completion of participation in ECM
- Support ECM team’s caseload to identify and address barriers to care
- Educate individuals on behavioral health conditions to improve health literacy
- Work with individual to identify health/wellness goals and incorporate goals into a shared care plan
- Collaborate on care issues with Enhanced Care Management team by participating in systematic case reviews
- Facilitate and ensure recommendations are communicated across health care team
- Track and manage caseloads using electronic medical records
- Consult with ECM team about clinical concerns or questions, provide educational training on behavioral health conditions and treatment
- LCSW, LMFT, or LPCC license issued by the state of California
- Must have quiet and HIPAA-compliant at-home work environment with reliable Internet connection and cell phone
- Strong understanding of cultural fluency
- Demonstrated professional or personal lived experience working closely with individuals experiencing complex chronic needs, homelessness, or Severe Mental Illness/Substance Use Disorder
- Strong technical skills and comfort with technology innovation, past experience with CRM databases, Google suite, email, and video conferencing
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- A fantastic listener and skilled at “reading people” - able to understand how others may be feeling or thinking based on nuances, uncomfortable silences, or questions they ask
- Excellent communication skills
- Takes accountability to resolve a customer’s needs to the best of his/her/their abilities
- Comfortable building relationships with new people
- Zest for problem solving, seeking answers, and thinking outside the box
- Detail-oriented and organized self-starter
- Reliable and comfortable in an ever-changing environment
Because We Value You:
- Salary: $90k-125k/year
- $10,000 sign-on bonus
- Comprehensive health, vision & dental insurance
- Opportunity for rapid career progression with plenty of room for personal growth!
- Equity compensation package
- Monthly $100 work from home expense stipend
- Flexible vacation policy with unlimited time off
- Work entirely from the comfort of your own home
- We provide the equipment needed for the role
- No service hour requirements - the caseload is fluid!
Pair Team is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At Pair Team, we value diversity and strive to provide an inclusive environment for all applicants and employees. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, marital status, age, disability, political affiliation, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic covered by federal, state, or local law.