Sr. IC Package Design Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Irvine, CA, USA
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Physics
- 5+ years hands on experience with IC package design experience
- Thorough understanding of signal and power integrity fundamentals
- Substrate design experience for RF, digital, high speed and mixed signal die
- Experience with Cadence APD/SIP and/or Xpedition Package Designer tools
- Experience in package design electrical review, SI/PI analysis
- Fluent in SI/PI and EM simulation tools such as SIWave, HFSS, Hyperlinx
- Experience in package design for manufacturing reviews
- Familiar with layout review tools such as Calibre
- Familiar with BGA package substrate technologies
- Problem solver with strong engineering fundamentals
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Own and drive advanced package selection, new product BGA configuration and package structure
- Responsible for package/SIP layout, optimization, design verification and tapeout
- Interface and coordinate with cross-functional groups throughout SpaceX on new product package selection, feasibility analysis and design
- Work cross-functionally, understand trade-offs, constraints, and optimizing silicon floor plan, bump and package pin out
- Simulate and optimize signal/power integrity and RF performance of the package design
- Drive methodology, innovations, and productivity improvements in package design
- Interface and work with OSATs and vendors for the sourcing existing designs and future product development
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.