Staff Cybersecurity Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Chicago, IL, USA
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience in Cybersecurity with a focus on:
- Log streaming
- Cybersecurity data lakes and data warehousing
- SIEM engineering, administration, architecture, and operations
- Data science, statistical analysis, and threat detection development
- Integrating disparate IT, OT, and business applications into a SIEM
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
- Passion for Cybersecurity and a desire to stay current with industry best practices and tools
- Experience documenting, socializing, and operationalizing Cybersecurity technology and processes
- Prior programming experience (Python, Golang, or PowerShell)
- Practical understanding of common attacks and how they work
- Demonstrated experience working across multiple teams to build cross-functional relationships and working with numerous cross-functional members with various levels of technical expertise
- Self-starter who is comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment
- Strong technical communication skills (written and verbal)
- Implement automated security processes and infrastructure to support the company's Detection and Response Team
- Build and optimize detection rules that leverage real-time data streaming
- Maintain and ensure the availability, compliance, and recoverability of Rivian's Cybersecurity Data Analytics solution, including SOPs, data onboarding, normalization, enrichment, and maintenance
- Responsible for infrastructure provisioning and configuration management to support the Cybersecurity data lake
- Collaborate with the Enterprise Cybersecurity DART team to enhance Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR)
- Support and create dashboards for Enterprise Cybersecurity, Information Technology (IT), and Operational Technology (OT) teams
- Continual situational awareness of emerging threats and trends
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team