Together we fight for everyone’s opportunity for a better financial future.
We will do this together — with customers, partners and colleagues. We will fight for others, not against: We will stand up for and champion everyone’s access to opportunities. The status quo is not good enough … we believe every individual and every community deserves access to financial opportunities. We are determined to support both individuals and communities in reaching a better financial future. We know that reaching this future depends on our actions today.
Like our Purpose Statement, Voya believes in being bold and committed to action. We are committed to a work environment where the differences that we are born with — and those we acquire throughout our lives — are understood, valued and intentionally pursued. We believe that our employees own our culture and have a responsibility to foster an environment where we all feel comfortable bringing our whole selves to work. Purposefully bringing our differences together to positively influence our culture, serve our clients and enrich our communities is essential to our vision.
Are you ready to join a company with a strong purpose and a winning culture? Start your Voyage – Apply Now
Get to Know the Opportunity:
Assist the Investment Risk Management team with various projects and day to day tasks while meeting business partners across the firms and attending various risk meetings to develop a solid undertaking of risk management best practices at Voya and across the industry. The individual will be provided opportunities to learn and interact with Risk team members as well as business partners across Voya IM. Please Note: This position has been designated as a hybrid-office/home role. Details of your in-office schedule will be finalized with your manager.
The Contributions You’ll Make:
Regular or biweekly meetings with key members of the Risk team to continue to learn about the Risk function and how we interact with the business (Market Risk, Credit Risk, Equity Risk, Multi-Asset Risk and Operational Risk Team)
Help in Mutual Fund board reporting and help in analysis and write up
18f4 Derivative rule implementation work from Investment Risk
Data gathering for 18f4 reporting and help IT / Business on requirements
Analysis on Equity portfolio performance trends and market research
Mutual Fund Board Report enhancements
ESG Data collection/analysis
Investment Risk Policies edits
Minimum Knowledge & Experience:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- Microsoft Office proficiency and experience
Preferred Knowledge & Experience:
- Dependable, quick learner who is independent and works well with others
- Strong analytical, written communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of finance, insurance industry, investment fields, insurance products or operations is helpful but not mandatory
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills
Functional knowledge on investments/financial markets
Strong analytical, written and communication skills
Self-motivator and able to work with several individuals on risk team
- Good technical foundation on databases, programming languages.
Voya is committed to pay that’s fair and equitable, which means comparable pay for comparable roles and responsibilities. The pay range is $20 to $23 per hour. Actual compensation offered may vary from the posted salary range based upon the candidate’s geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer.
Compensation Pay Disclosure:
Voya is committed to pay that’s fair and equitable, which means comparable pay for comparable roles and responsibilities.
The below annual base salary range reflects the expected hiring range(s) for this position in the location(s) listed. In addition to base salary, Voya offers incentive opportunities (i.e., annual cash incentives, sales incentives, and/or long-term incentives) based on the role to reward the achievement of annual performance objectives. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Voya Financial is willing to pay at the time of this posting.
Actual compensation offered may vary from the posted salary range based upon the candidate’s geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Be Well. Stay Well.
Voya provides the resources that can make a difference in your lives. To us, this means thriving physically, financially, socially and emotionally. Voya benefits are designed to help you do just that. That’s why we offer an array of plans, programs, tools and resources with one goal in mind: To help you and your family be well and stay well.
What We Offer
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance plans
- 401(k) Savings plan – with generous company matching contributions (up to 6%)
- Voya Retirement Plan – employer paid cash balance retirement plan (4%)
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250/year
- Paid time off – including 20 days paid time off, nine paid company holidays and a flexible Diversity Celebration Day.
- Paid volunteer time — 40 hours per calendar year
Learn more about Voya benefits (download PDF)
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen:Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
Learn more aboutCritical Skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
Voya Financial is an equal-opportunity employer. Voya Financial provides equal opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, disability, veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other status protected by state or local law.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. This commitment governs all decisions related to employment, including selection, development and compensation. It also includes an employee’s request for reasonable accommodation. All employees will be treated in a manner free from discrimination or harassment. Voya is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please see our resources for applicants with disabilities.
Misuse of Voya’s name in fraud schemes