Know where you belong.
Our iconic dating brand created the dating category over two decades ago. Today, the Match app continues to evolve to inspire the next generation of daters and bring together millions of singles to find love and connection. Creating a sense of belonging doesn’t stop at our platforms- it’s the foundation of every team we hire.
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you’ll take Match’s backend tier to the next level.
We’re building a modern and cloud-native distributed tech stack with an emphasis on Observability, Scalability, Reliability and Performance.
If you are looking to build .NET applications, RESTful APIs, Kubernetes based microservices using the latest .net framework and a SOLID code base, that will be used by millions of Match members to make meaningful connections, then this role is for you.
When it comes to dating, the connection starts online, but the real magic happens once you meet in real life (IRL). We think the same is true for creating the best platforms, so we work together IRL in our Dallas office one day a week. See you soon!
How you’ll make an impact:
- You will design, develop, and test .NET apps (business logic, back-end) using C#, SQL
- You will design, develop, and test RESTful APIs that can handle thousands of requests per second
- You will build new microservices using Kubernetes, Docker, Redis, Kafka, Sql Server and the latest .NET framework
- You will apply the latest observability principles using Open-Telemetry, Grafana, Splunk and AppDynamics
- Along the way you’ll confront scalability challenges, navigate distributed systems, and apply best practices
We could be a Match if:
- 5+ years of real-world development experience
- Comfortable in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Proficient in C#, .NET, ASP.NET MVC, T-SQL, Web API, HTML, CSS
- Experience with SQL Server and T-SQL
- Experience with background job processing, queue management and stateful services
- Experience in writing testable code and unit and API testing public and/or private APIs (RESTful web services)
- Experience with multithreaded development including fault-tolerant, scalable, high-volume systems
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
What’s the team like?
- We’re a small but multi-faceted and collaborative team where everyone adds value
- We deliver value and meet tight deadlines by focusing on automation and maintain quality code by actively paying down tech debt
- We enjoy a good work-life balance and are fun to be around
- We like exploring new technology, tools and practices and firmly believe in continuous learning and improvements
- Our team develops solutions across all user facing platforms: desktop, Android, iOS and mobile web
- We work collaboratively with all our major functions (Product, Online Marketing, Analytics)
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness! We love our employees too and understand the importance of all life’s milestones. Here are some of the benefits we are proud to offer:
Mind & Body – Medical, mental health, and wellness benefits to support your overall health and well-being
Financial Wellness – Competitive compensation, 100% employer match on 401k contributions up to 10% (cap at $10,000), as well as an employee stock purchase program to help you feel supported in your financial security
Unplug – Generous PTO and 15 paid holidays so you can unplug
Career – Annual training allowance for professional development and ERG membership opportunities and events so you feel connected and empowered in your work
Family – Families come in all shapes and sizes so we offer 20 weeks of 100% paid parental leave, fertility, adoption, and child care resources, as well as pet insurance and discounts
WFH Stipend – Hybrid/remote work allowance for full time employees to help you feel comfortable and efficient in your home office environment
Company Gatherings – We host fun happy hours and company events where our employees get to know each other and build a sense of connection and belonging!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value the rich dynamics that diversity brings to our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy and sexual harassment), gender identity or expression, uniformed service or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. Period.