6 month growth↑ 1%
1 year growth↑ 3%
2 year growth↑ 15%
- Experience in HRIS administration
- Strong understanding of HR policies and processes
- Ability to support employee engagement initiatives
- Knowledge of compliance with local labor laws and regulations
- Experience in reporting and analyzing people data and metrics
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and ability to identify opportunities for process improvements
- Experience with maintaining an HRIS
- Post-secondary education in HR field (considered an asset)
- HRIS Administration
- Policy Communication & Maintenance
- Employee Engagement Initiatives
- Performance Management Assistance
- Recognition Programs
- Employee Relations Support
- Compliance Assistance
- Health and Safety Compliance
- Reporting and Metrics
- Continuous Improvement
- Experience with Workday HRIS system
- Background in Talent Acquisition
- Experience in virtual interviewing and onboarding
Hi, we are ecobee.
ecobee introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat to help millions of consumers save money, conserve energy, and bring home automation into their lives. That was just the beginning. We continue our pursuit to create technology that brings peace of mind into the home and allows people to focus on the moments that matter most. We take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting, connected home revolution.
In 2021, ecobee became a subsidiary of Generac Power Systems. Generac introduced the first affordable backup generator and later created the category of automatic home standby generator. The company is committed to sustainable, cleaner energy products poised to revolutionize the 21st century electrical grid. Together, we take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment.
Why we love to do what we do:
We’re helping build the world of tomorrow with solutions that improve everyday life while making a positive impact on the planet. Our products and services work in harmony to provide comfort, efficiency, and peace of mind for millions of homes and businesses. While we’re proud of what we’ve done so far, there’s still a lot we can do—and you can be part of it.
Join our extraordinary team.
We’re a rapidly growing global tech company headquartered in Canada, in the heart of downtown Toronto, with a satellite office in Leeds, UK (and remote ecopeeps in the US). We get to work with some of North America and UK’s leading professionals. Our colleagues are proud to bring their authentic selves to work, confident that what we do is grounded in a greater purpose. We’re always looking for curious, talented, and passionate people to join our team.
Who’ll You Be Joining:
ecobee’s People Operations team is seeking an HR professional to help support our ever-growing hive. This role will work operationally across the whole organization of 600+ passionate ecopeeps located in Canada, the US and the UK!
You will have the opportunity to work on owning the execution and operational foundation of HR at ecobee; policy admin/development, HRIS administration and so much more. In this role, you will partner with the whole HR team on a day-to-day basis! We are looking for someone who can roll up their sleeves to help make ecobee the best place to work.This is a hybrid position based out of our Toronto office location.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- HRIS Administration: Keep our UKG (soon to be Workday!) system current and ensure it remains a reliable repository of employee information.
- Policy Communication & Maintenance: Supporting, developing, and iterating on policies and processes to ensure a best-in-class employee experience – you’ll act as a strong advisor of the policies and processes that keep ecobee running day to day.
- Employee Engagement Initiatives: Support the execution of employee engagement programs and initiatives. Collaborate on activities to foster a positive workplace culture.
- Performance Management Assistance: Assist in the coordination of performance review processes.
- Recognition Programs: Support the development and implementation of employee recognition programs.
- Employee Relations Support: Act as a point of contact for employee inquiries and concerns. Partner with the HR team, leaders, and employees to ensure a high level of customer service.
- Compliance Assistance: Ensure HR practices comply with local labor laws and regulations. Assist in audits and compliance-related activities.
- Health and Safety Compliance: Support our health and safety initiatives, ensuring compliance with safety regulations and protocols is met.
- Reporting and Metrics: Support in reviewing and reporting on all people data and metrics to the organization on a quarterly & annual basis
- Continuous Improvement: Self-motivated to make an impact, you independently Identify opportunities for process improvements in People Operations.
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Getting to know our employees is what you’re all about, you exude a personality that is approachable and eager to help others around you.
- You thrive doing work where no two days look alike, you are able to jump into something unexpected at a moment’s notice and not miss a beat.
- Master of first impressions with your great communication and written skills.
- Analytical thinker, you’re able to run reports and identify patterns through data.
- Multi-task extraordinaire! You’ve got proven experience working in a fast-paced environment where you’ve always got multiple projects on the go.
- You are a problem solver; you creatively work through solving your work independently.
- You’re a great listener, your attention to detail is second to none and you challenge yourself to improve upon the status quo.
- You’re passionate about being the best at your craft, enjoy working on a wide variety of projects and find yourself looking for new learning opportunities everyday.
- Being hyper organized and taking initiative is you to a tee, you thrive on having multiple moving targets.
- You’re experienced with maintaining an HRIS.
- Post-secondary education in the HR field is considered an asset.
- Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a background check.
The deadline to apply to this position is February 20th at 5:00pm EST.
What happens after you apply:
Application review. It will happen. By an actual person in Talent Acquisition. We get upwards of 100+ applications for some roles; it can take a few days, but every applicant can expect a note regarding their application status.
- Round 1: A 30-minute phone call with the Manager of Talent Acquisition
- Round 2: A 45-60 minute virtual interview with our Manager of People Operations (expect technical, behavioural, and situational questions)
- Final Interview: A 1.5 hour interview split into two parts. The first being with our People Ops Generalist and an HRBP, the second with the Manager of People Operations and the Director, Human Resources.
With ecobee, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Be part of something big: Get to work in a fresh, dynamic, and ever-growing industry.
- Make a difference for the environment: Make a sustainable impact while on your daily job, and after it through programs like ecobee acts.
- Expand your career: Learn with our in-house learning enablement team, and enjoy our generous professional learning budget.
- Put people first: Benefit from competitive salaries, health benefits, and a progressive Parental Top-Up Program (75% top-up or five bonus days off).
- Play a part on an exceptional culture: Enjoy a fun and casual workplace with an open concept office, located at Queens Quay W & York St. ecobee Leeds is based at our riverside office on the Calls.
- Celebrate diversity: Be part of a truly welcoming workplace. We offer a mentorship program and bias training.
Are you interested? Let’s make it work.
Our people are empowered to take ownership of their schedules with workflows that allow for flexible hours. Based on your job, you have an option of a office-based, fully remote, or hybrid work environment. New team members working remotely, will have all necessary equipment provided and shipped to them, and we conduct our interviews and onboarding sessions primarily through video.
We’re committed to inclusion and accommodation.
ecobee believes that openness and diversity make us better. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, gender, age, religion, identity, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Accommodations can be made upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Our recruitment team is happy to answer any questions candidates may have about virtual interviewing, onboarding, and future work locations.
We’re up to incredible things. Come and be part of them.
Ready to join ecobee? View current openings.
Please note, ecobee does not accept unsolicited resumes.